• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

What did folks think of the prices for the Active #8 and Dime #20 in the comiclink auction? I have no idea of how to price this stuff, but these seemed reasonable to some of the crazy prices I've seen for whites in other auctions, and they both had fairly cool covers.

Not sure if I have shared this in the past but either way I just came across this scan and so I'm happy to share my copy of the very desirable Nelvana one shot :)

nelvana1_zps283d8673.jpeg

I wouldn't ordinarily share a pic of something before it is in hand but I am happy to share pics of what WAS my most wanted whites cover, Active 20 :cloud9: As you may know this is a cover/story about the Panthers, which were Bell's real life hockey team. In my opinion one of the most classic whites covers there is :cloud9:

active20_zpsmel5g7do.jpg

active20panthers_zpsz5m79s38.jpg

Spine is a mess due to being in a bound volume, and its missing a page, but still, here's a copy of Wow 24 with the first appearance of the Dreamer :cloud9:

wow24_zpssdqcxms5.jpg

Hey guys. I have been asked to appraise some Cdn whites, these are out of my focus so any help would be appreciated.

Active%20Comics%20no%20%201_zpsfwsfzbna.jpg

Active%20Comics%20no%20%202_zpsqp8uub2o.jpg

Active%20Comics%20no%20%206_zps6b72hvgo.jpg

Joke%20Comics%20no%20%2025_zpsfvtwnxl6.jpg

Wow%20Comics%20no%20%205_zpspsvscowz.jpg

Dizzy%20Don%20no%20%202_zpsfnbcm2zi.jpg

Dizzy%20Don%20no%20%205_zpss2gcpsmd.jpg

You just opened Pandora's box! I can see the pm's coming!

No doubt!

Mother of mercy,what a haul!

More stuff from my collection :cloud9:

Picture005-6_zps3b2c0e99.jpg

Picture010-4_zps0d807060.jpg

Rocket Comics :cloud9:

Picture011-5_zpsdec3e57f.jpg

Canadian Fox books from March of 1941:

Picture019-2_zps247e942e.jpg

Action Stories of the Mounties (Vancouver Pedigree):

Picture021-1_zps6924f49f.jpg

Archie Rare #NN CGC 6.5:

Picture022-3_zpsacd72ebc.jpg

The Canada Jack One-Shot (4 Known copies):

Picture025-2_zpse941eb30.jpg

Canadian War Heros #NN Magazine Sized One-Shot:

UNWARHEROES_zps97643fee.jpg

Awesome books stephen. I'd say more but I'm too green with envy to say it diplomatically :P;)

I was drooling over Timely's... timely books in the Vision thread when I noticed this. I had never really thought about why some GA books had Cdn pricing and some didn't prior to collecting Cdn GA, and I found it interesting to see the WECA cutoff so clearly on a major title

January, 1941: 15c in Canada

background.jpg

February, 1941: no mention of a Canadian price! Cdns everywhere are off to read Better #1

landscape_xlarge.jpg

Nice Super Duper! As a Mr. Monster fan, I wish I'd looked harder for one of those back in the 90s.

No doubt. There was a copy purported to be the Church that HA auctioned off a while back. I passed on several over the years in decent shape. I have one I'm quite happy with, but would have loved to have nabbed the Church.

Nice Super Duper! As a Mr. Monster fan, I wish I'd looked harder for one of those back in the 90s.

A boardie was kind enough to send me the link to one. I no doubt paid a record :tonofbricks: but it was perhaps my most wanted Bell one of the ones I was still looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Duper-Comics-3-F-E-Howard-Pub-1947-RARE-CANADIAN-EDITION-1st-Mr-Monster-/351378942720?ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:US:1123