• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

What a COOL character!

Thanks, I certainly think so and that's why I was so happy to add this particular set of books as the Penguin appears in every issue of WOW 15 and up. I feel very lucky to now have almost all the Penguin appearances (I had a few already before these buys).

Nice score Dan :applause:

Dan was kind enough to allow me to add this treasure to my collection from that group of books :cloud9:

photo_zps500d1653.jpg

It would look better if the picture hadn't been taken in the pitch black! Maybe I can send a better shot tonight while I am packing it up for you.

Nice score Dan :applause:

Dan was kind enough to allow me to add this treasure to my collection from that group of books :cloud9:

photo_zps500d1653.jpg

It would look better if the picture hadn't been taken in the pitch black! Maybe I can send a better shot tonight while I am packing it up for you.

(thumbs u

What a COOL character!

Thanks, I certainly think so and that's why I was so happy to add this particular set of books as the Penguin appears in every issue of WOW 15 and up. I feel very lucky to now have almost all the Penguin appearances (I had a few already before these buys).

Thank you again for sharing...I'd love any of these for my collection one day...I've a few Whites,many oddballs...but no Wow..or, well lots I'd like.Hoping to luck into coverless copies at least..anything...hint to a certain boardie...

Bronty....your collection amazes me...hero style...so nice... (worship)

I may even have a Bell Magazine to show off,if I can find it..Marijuana Murders..

Well thank you but your assessment is far too kind my humble little collection is only 30 or 35 books. Guys like Stephen and Jim (subliminal) have a collection like that for every day of the week :insane: and good for them for having started earlier than Johnny come latelies like me!

Stephen I knew had a grand collection,but no subliminal.Boot seems to have some nice stuff..and Sardo.....and well,I want to see and own em all!

Only 30 to 35...Whites? Or Bell?Either way...some purty books you've shown!

Ooooh,what is that?

This Canadian one shot featured science adventure type stories as well as true science features and fact based articles. There were two flavors of this comic: this "variant" was imported into the US and distributed by Kable News Co. The other, the true Canadian edition, has no price or date on the FC and a totally different BC, which maybe made it a giveaway? inside Canada. The Canadians would know.

I've always liked this cover a lot, it has a Wally Wood feel to me. The interior is meh. The scan I put up yesterday is a slabbed 7.0. I also have a Crippen copy, see below.

If you like this type of book, Porky, check out the Science Comics series (Humor, not Fox!). Learning can be fun!

ScienceComics01fc100_zpse1624647.jpg