• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

I am sort of feeling the same way, but I've spent all the money I had earmarked on a couple of vintage toy collections that have come my way this week (including a few toy grails that fell into my lap).

I fully expected the Nelvana to hit 10k when the auction started. It's not even half that right now. Still a couple of days left, so there might be a few shockers. Even so, most of what sold last night went for around or less than I expected. Right now, the Commando Comics # 4 is the only one that I find really surprising, but at 9.2 maybe not.

If the Freelance issues sell for around the current list price I will probably spend the rest of the week complaining about it!

Regardless, it's going to be interesting to compare these results to the two 2014 CLINK auctions once everything is said and done.

All of the commandos were pretty strong, I thought. Good grades as you said though.

The Nelvana I was guessing around 7500 when the auction started, be interesting to see where it ends. I don't like it hitting 10k as there might be a bit of fatigue with two copies (three sales, one was resold) hitting CLINK the last few years, after so many years of no public sales. I think its kind of found its niche around 10k, so I see why you mention that number, but my guess is this sale will be slightly soft coming after those previous sales. However, I certainly wouldn't be shocked if it did better than I predict. Its a great book.

The Triumph 7 to me is a bit of a wildcard, as I could not find any previous sales data for a complete one (let me know if you have seen one sell other than the 0.5 CLINK had). I see it as a wildcard because I consider it one of the iconic WECA covers and everyone seems horny over Nelvana. Yet, at 2.0 it could have a soft ending. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends around $2500. For me it will be interesting to see if the Triumph 12 or 21 end higher than the 7 due to their grades.

Fair points on your prediction for the Nelvana one-shot. We'll know for sure tomorrow night.

Edited by ecgt

The Triumph 7 to me is a bit of a wildcard, as I could not find any previous sales data for a complete one (let me know if you have seen one sell other than the 0.5 CLINK had). I see it as a wildcard because I consider it one of the iconic WECA covers and everyone seems horny over Nelvana. Yet, at 2.0 it could have a soft ending. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends around $2500. For me it will be interesting to see if the Triumph 12 or 21 end higher than the 7 due to their grades.

Fair points on your prediction for the Nelvana one-shot. We'll know for sure tomorrow night.

I think it's one of the very best weca covers. Arguably the best?

I think 2500 would be a great deal. I was thinking 3500 more realistic but we'll see

I think it's one of the very best weca covers. Arguably the best?

I think 2500 would be a great deal. I was thinking 3500 more realistic but we'll see

just popped up to 3700 :ohnoez:

Well, it deserves it. Its a significant first appearance (speed savage), iconic nelvana hitler cover, and first Bell issue of Triumph all in one. Three great selling points.

Well, it deserves it. Its a significant first appearance (speed savage), iconic nelvana hitler cover, and first Bell issue of Triumph all in one. Three great selling points.

...plus it's my favorite. :D

...plus it's my favorite. :D

Its probably my favorite book in my collection also. (thumbs u