• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

I was kind of shocked how well it did. The Brok is twice the book and for less money IMO but obviously a couple people really liked the rocket . I thought one effect of putting all those Nelvana cover triumphs in one auction like this is that a lot of people may have held on to their dollars until later in the auction making books early in the alphabet the comparative bargains - the better, a couple of the actives (a couple not so much), the adventures of Canada jack, etc.

I, on a last minute whim after losing everything else I had bid on, went after the Super Comics 2 and won that. For 500 it seemed like an ok price, considering what current Pep comics of the same period seem to be fetching and the relative scarcity of CWs in general.

Excited for my first Canadian White!

Edited by comickid84

Addendum:

Rock Thunder may have been a crude prototype of the White Mask, (AKA Speed Savage)

The book screams Canadian, right down to the Maple Leaf on Rock Thunder’s Chest. Rock Thunder's costume with boots and the two guns is very similar to the later costume donned by Speed Savage. The tome is uber-rare, with only one other known copy in existance in a private collection.

Note Canadian Ace Hi Action under Title and Ted Allan Steele's initials under Rock Thunder....TAS

RAD84099201669_16116_zpskdc8zrz3.jpg

now look at the Speed Savage One-Shot with the cover rendered by Ted Steele

Canadian Ace of Action

RADA23A3201661_132050_zpso0lgzdsa.jpg

Edited by eccomic

Victory Publishing

Well yes, I saw that on the label, what I am asking is.. was Victory essentially Steele himself? hm

Don't know if this helps but this link discusses Canadian Rocket also published by Victory

http://www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/whites-tsunami-weca-splashes/canadian-crude/