• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

I just got back from doing a large open air flea market in Sussex, NB. I met up with Tony White on my lot from Chapterhouse comics, who was also set up at the market with his family and we had a good chat about WECA books and he spoke highly about many of you here. He's a class act and it's great to see the love for Canadian comics here in Atlantic Canada.

My lot-mate broke his hand after falling when we set up our canopies on Thursday, which made for a bum weekend, but I stumbled across a box of $1 magazines that had this in it. It's a Bell Features book that it exclusive male-oriented joke cartoons in single panels (like adult-oriented mags from later decades). What do you guys think about this one?

That is cool Brian, back cover, shots of interior?

Thanks, Dave. I'll try to get a back cover and some interior pages up in the next day or so, but I have a lot of rearranging and unpacking ahead of me tonight. Darn priorities... :juggle:

Picked this up in PEI during Canada Day weekend. Really happy to add a Canadian version of an already tough US book (Flaming Western Romances # 3) to my collection. I already have # 3 from this set. I might try to locate the other two in the series down the road.

164326.jpg.17d85b35100a22463c9da12667f10858.jpg

Picked this up in PEI during Canada Day weekend. Really happy to add a Canadian version of an already tough US book (Flaming Western Romances # 3) to my collection. I already have # 3 from this set. I might try to locate the other two in the series down the road.

Love it

This is the first time that I have seen a picture of a Rucker pulp and I love the cover on this, Stephen. I didn't realize that you went for pulps. Given that it's a Rucker, though, you probably won't see this one again anytime soon. So, are you going to start hunting for some of the other, elusive Rucker crime pulps?