• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, eccomic said:

Just got the Wow 24 in from CLINK and it has an interesting stamp on back cover.

A Dime # 1 that CLINK auctioned off last year had a similar stamp on the front cover. This would suggest that some of these Whites came from a collection in Quebec. Fun fact re: provenance... :wink:

I thought it would be very rural, but some quick research shows that St-Jean was always an industrial manufacturing town.

http://jeanpaulcoupal.blogspot.ca/2014/12/une-histoire-de-saint-jean-sur_15.html

There's never been a real comic store there that I'm aware of.  Might be worth checking out the antique shops...

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

Wow.Glad I got mine ten years ago!

I'm kicking myself now for passing on one a few years back for $200 CAD. Guessing you paid even less.

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

50$ for a VG :ph34r: but..ten years ago!

I'd say you made out alright, even adjusting for inflation. Consider this: the seller of the copy I linked to doesn't have any other comics for sale. Word on the street is that Canadian comics must be valuable! The seller probably saw the incomplete one that Mycomicshop has had online for months and based their price on it:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Is-This-Tomorrow-1947-1CANADIAN-PR-0-5-/361992605447?hash=item544870cf07:g:S3sAAOSwlY1ZKoau

Yeah,when I took a looky loo at your link I saw that one and thought wot!?

Canadian books are getting very pricey..even the post FECA reprints!

I blame Stephen for showing off his awesome stuff and getting folks all excited! lol ..and bruno...seems he's hoarded a hoard!!

FYI, if anyone is on the hunt for a French Canadian edition, Fides also released "À Quand Votre Tour?" as part of the Herauts Album no. 14. The Herauts albums are quite scarce from what I understand, but it's good to know that there is a second option if you're on the hunt. One popped up on eBay recently. I had long thought that the albums only reprinted issues of Herauts:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/IS-THIS-TOMORROW-A-Quand-Notre-Tour-HERAUTS-Fides-1947-Communisme-Au-Canada-/142306221858?hash=item21221c9f22:g:IN4AAOSwTuJYwJXS

6 minutes ago, ecgt said:

FYI, if anyone is on the hunt for a French Canadian edition, Fides also released "À Quand Votre Tour?" as part of the Herauts Album no. 14. The Herauts albums are quite scarce from what I understand, but it's good to know that there is a second option if you're on the hunt. One popped up on eBay recently. I had long thought that the albums only reprinted issues of Herauts:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/IS-THIS-TOMORROW-A-Quand-Notre-Tour-HERAUTS-Fides-1947-Communisme-Au-Canada-/142306221858?hash=item21221c9f22:g:IN4AAOSwTuJYwJXS

That one definitely ended low.  On a U.S. auction site, it would have gone for much more.

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

That one definitely ended low.  On a U.S. auction site, it would have gone for much more.

You're likely right in this assessment. That said, I suspect that there are copies of the Herauts Album no. 14 floating around Quebec (or even New Brunswick) without people being aware of the content.

3 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Yeah,when I took a looky loo at your link I saw that one and thought wot!?

Canadian books are getting very pricey..even the post FECA reprints!

I blame Stephen for showing off his awesome stuff and getting folks all excited! lol ..and bruno...seems he's hoarded a hoard!!

Trifecta including the French Canadian edition from my collection....And of the American variant counterpart editions. Love me some Cold War books. :wink:

IMG_4025.JPG

Cold War Books.JPG

Edited by eccomic

12 hours ago, eccomic said:

Trifecta including the French Canadian edition from my collection....And of the American variant counterpart editions. Love me some Cold War books. :wink:

IMG_4025.JPG

Cold War Books.JPG

Those is this tomorrow covers are amazing. I will have to look for any version just to have. Nice set.