• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

Previously unknown WECA comic up on Clink for the July auction. Been looking for this one since the early 70s when some original art of the "A-Man" story from it was reprinted in Dave Sim and John Balge's CANAR fanzine. Plan to do a short write-up on in for my Comic Book Daily column for next Wednesday. This should go for a bundle. This is one WECA comic that Stephen definitely doesn't have. We'll see what sort of a fight there is for it.

Also I'll be giving a talk on the Bell Features artists that are the topic of my forthcoming book at Montreal Comic Con on July 8th and my guest will be original WECA artist Jack Tremblay who created Crash Carson for Wow Comics. He turned 91 in May. Hope people will attend if they go to the con.

Real Boys Stories feb 46.jpg

15 minutes ago, sarvajnatman said:

Previously unknown WECA comic up on Clink for the July auction. Been looking for this one since the early 70s when some original art of the "A-Man" story from it was reprinted in Dave Sim and John Balge's CANAR fanzine. Plan to do a short write-up on in for my Comic Book Daily column for next Wednesday. This should go for a bundle. This is one WECA comic that Stephen definitely doesn't have. We'll see what sort of a fight there is for it.

Also I'll be giving a talk on the Bell Features artists that are the topic of my forthcoming book at Montreal Comic Con on July 8th and my guest will be original WECA artist Jack Tremblay who created Crash Carson for Wow Comics. He turned 91 in May. Hope people will attend if they go to the con.

I wish I was well enough to travel,i'd love to be there to see,hear that.91?God Bless Mr Tremblay.

1 hour ago, sarvajnatman said:

I actually possess two copies of this book 

B| :jokealert:

Well I'm wrong again, Stephen. I had just never heard of anyone with a copy of this book before. You never mentioned it before. I'd certainly like to photograph the contents when it's convenient.  Can you share any splash pages?

Ivan

41 minutes ago, sarvajnatman said:

Well I'm wrong again, Stephen. I had just never heard of anyone with a copy of this book before. You never mentioned it before. I'd certainly like to photograph the contents when it's convenient.  Can you share any splash pages?

Ivan

Um....you might want to read the bottom of my message Ivan ;)

18 minutes ago, sarvajnatman said:

I'm doubly, triply embarrassed. I'm not experienced enough in the lingo of the forums. :blush:

No worries. :smile:

I am going to stand down on bidding  on that book.(thumbsu

I want you to get it Ivan 

For anybody going to the Montreal Comic Con this weekend, I'll be presenting a panel on the Bell Features artists of WW II with special guest Jack Tremblay who will be doing a signing for an hour after the presentation. My presentation is at 4pm on Saturday in Rm. 514. It would be great to meet any of you who are going. Here's a graphic of the cover of Jack Tremblay's Esthetic comics which was printed only in a run of 100 issues in 2014. That's a gap of over 70 years since his Bell Comic work to the release of this comic. Must be one of the greatest lacunae between comic production ever.

Esthetic Comics.jpg

On 7/4/2017 at 8:42 PM, sarvajnatman said:

For anybody going to the Montreal Comic Con this weekend, I'll be presenting a panel on the Bell Features artists of WW II with special guest Jack Tremblay who will be doing a signing for an hour after the presentation. My presentation is at 4pm on Saturday in Rm. 514. It would be great to meet any of you who are going. Here's a graphic of the cover of Jack Tremblay's Esthetic comics which was printed only in a run of 100 issues in 2014. That's a gap of over 70 years since his Bell Comic work to the release of this comic. Must be one of the greatest lacunae between comic production ever.

Esthetic Comics.jpg

How did this go?

The last link I posted was just a general link to my columns page. This is the direct link to my article on Jack Tremblay and the Montreal Comic Con.

I'm working on getting Gerry Lazare to do the panel with me as my guest as well as a possilbe signing for the Toronto Fan Expo on Labour Day weekend.

AviationComics1.jpg

Pantheryellow.jpg

I came came across this today at an antiques show, but did not purchase it. It's not a comic, but the cover art looks familiar to me. The interior is a text-based rule book and the only art appears to be on the cover. Does anyone recognize the artist as being a WECA contributor? The artist's signature is part of the cover art, but I don't recognize it.20170715_104355.thumb.jpg.985aa3a510c26b8bb3dd2dc368c26a50.jpg

Edited by ecgt