• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2022 at 3:23 PM, Jaydogrules said:

This has absolutely no chance of hitting 700mm regardless of how much promotion Dwayne does.  

More realistically, 400-500mm, maybe.  

-J.

That was also my first instinct.  But watching fans react to the Rock and realizing just how many followers he has worldwide has me thinking otherwise. 

Also, so far it looks good. Like REALLY good.  

Look at Peacemaker. Like Black Adam, a relatively unknown character, however John Cena is in the main role so loads of John Cena fans tune in. Show turns out to be great. Word of mouth spreads, viewership rises with every episode, and it becomes a hit (even here on the boards). I have a feeling this "Peacemaker effect" just might happen again with the Rock and Black Adam.

Who knows really, but if it is as good as it looks, 750+ isn't that far fetched.

Edited by eastriver400

On 10/13/2022 at 2:21 PM, eastriver400 said:

That was also my first instinct.  But watching fans react to the Rock and realizing just how many followers he has worldwide has me thinking otherwise. 

Also, so far it looks good. Like REALLY good.  

Look at Peacemaker. Relatively unknown character. But John Cena is in the main role so John Cena fans tune in. Show turns out to be great. Word of mouth makes it hit (even here on the boards). I have a feeling this "Peacemaker effect" just might happen again with Black Adam.

Just like Peacemaker,  Black Adam is a relatively unknown character but this time the Rock is the main draw. If it turns out to be as good as it looks so far then again..... word of mouth and BINGO, a hit!

Who knows really, but if it is as good as it looks, 750+ isn't that far fetched.

How is it not far fetched?  When Shazam, the movie that this has inexplicably been spun off of, only made about 365mm?  When no Dwayne movie, outside of Fast and Furious movies has made anywhere near that?  And those all had huge China dates (which this is not likely to get , or any Russia)?  When batman, a character everybody knows , just barely made that? When Thor, a MARVEL character that everybody knows about, just barely made that ? 

@marmat Here's what it's based on - 700mm ( :eyeroll: )  minus 200mm for no China or Russia, minus 50mm because nobody knows who Black Adam is, minus 50mm because DC movies pretty much always under perform, if not outright flop = $400mm.  But I'll give it a 100m buffer because it has little to no competition for the first few weeks of its existence, so 400-500mm.  Maybe.  

-J. 

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 10/13/2022 at 5:53 PM, Jaydogrules said:

How is it not far fetched?  When Shazam, the movie that this has inexplicably been spun off of, only made about 365mm?  When no Dwayne movie, outside of Fast and Furious movies has made anywhere near that?  And those all had huge China dates (which this is not likely to get , or any Russia)?  When batman, a character everybody knows , just barely made that? When Thor, a MARVEL character that everybody knows about, just barely made that ? 

@marmat Here's what it's based on - 700mm ( :eyeroll: )  minus 200mm for no China or Russia, minus 50mm because nobody knows who Black Adam is, minus 50mm because DC movies pretty much always under perform, if not outright flop = $400mm.  But I'll give it a 100m buffer because it has little to no competition for the first few weeks of its existence, so 400-500mm.  Maybe.  

-J. 

I guess we will see. I have no real skin in the movie and I don’t own WB stock so I don’t really want to waste much time speculating… but I hope it does well and it really feel that it will.  

It looks great, reviews have been amazing, the buzz is just right, and the Rock is one passionate, charismatic, and savvy guy.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if it hits the 750 vicinity. 

Edited by eastriver400

On 10/13/2022 at 3:53 PM, Jaydogrules said:

When batman, a character everybody knows , just barely made that? When Thor, a MARVEL character that everybody knows about, just barely made that ? 

-J. 

I am not saying that Black Adam will make more than you are predicting, but at this point the trailers look 1000x more entertaining than either The Batman or Thor Love & Thunder. 

On 10/4/2022 at 4:03 AM, media_junkie said:

Dwayne Johnson gets a pass from me on people saying "He plays the same role".  Granted he is not the best actor ever, but in general his movies are fun/exciting and he seems like a really good guy.  To me he is like Ryan Reynolds (who really does play the same character in all his movies), but again the movies are fun and he seems like a good guy.

He has great charisma and a strong screen presence.  

Just saw the movie at a special event/ screening it was good most of the people at the screening loved it as well… 

if u want spoilers DM me….