• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, drotto said:

The rumor I heard was that Hulu will stay as it is so they can air content that would be considered inappropriate to be under the Disney banner, meaning R movies and adult rated TV series.  It would also remain in place as a fallback if their own streaming service does not launch or go as planned.

I think Hulu will stay the same, because its pretty popular for young adult 'cord-cutters' who still want to watch new network tv on the same week it comes out, and its nice to have at least the appearance of competition, to keep employees working hard and anti-trust folks (and lawyers from competitors)from coming after you (since you're partnered with them on Hulu).  And yes, I think I also heard something about Disney Streaming being more 'family friendly' - Disney Cartoons, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney movies, etc.  There's more than enough content (maybe ESPN stuff too? or will that be separate)?

Here is how I would like the FF introduced into the MCU; Avengers 4, Thanos has us on the ropes, Tony Stark goes back to the well of Howard Stark and finds the Human Torch android from the 1939 Worlds Fair (GA Torch! :banana:).

ht4.jpg

Edited by lpsunburst

30 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Does this mean we may have to endure Stan Lee having cameos in even more movies?  Where is the gun to the head emoji.

I think he shows up in most of them either way, so I don't think its relatively more.

5 minutes ago, Nino_013 said:

If/when this goes through, anyone have thoughts on what it would mean for the movies that have finished filming and slated to drop next year? Would we see rewrites & reshoots for intergration under the marvel studios/mcu umbrella?

Wow! That's a good question. Although there may be a transition period where Disney has Fox wrap up any in-flight work.

13 minutes ago, Nino_013 said:

If/when this goes through, anyone have thoughts on what it would mean for the movies that have finished filming and slated to drop next year? Would we see rewrites & reshoots for intergration under the marvel studios/mcu umbrella?

Wouldn't think it would change next years movies before Infinity War.  Easy explanation is Wanda somehow winds up with the gauntlet, or one of the appropriate gems, and after losing Quicksliver and Vision, uses her hex powers in addition to the gem(s) and rewrites the fabric of the universe.  All characters are now in the same world, sets up Hulk vs Thing, Wolverine vs Hulk and or Wolverine vs Cap (cap annual 8 cover on the big screen) and some interesting possibilities for the future going forward.  If it gets Hugh back for a movie or 3, sets up some classic comic scenarios, Disney makes their $ back quickly and easily.  

Some fun times ahead, boys and girls. 

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Wow! That's a good question. Although there may be a transition period where Disney has Fox wrap up any in-flight work.

I guess with the current x-men franchise set in the past, we might see them all being re-casted to join the current MCU. Tho Deadpool/RR might be easy enough to integrate 

1 hour ago, sd2416 said:

Wouldn't think it would change next years movies before Infinity War.  Easy explanation is Wanda somehow winds up with the gauntlet, or one of the appropriate gems, and after losing Quicksliver and Vision, uses her hex powers in addition to the gem(s) and rewrites the fabric of the universe.  All characters are now in the same world, sets up Hulk vs Thing, Wolverine vs Hulk and or Wolverine vs Cap (cap annual 8 cover on the big screen) and some interesting possibilities for the future going forward.  If it gets Hugh back for a movie or 3, sets up some classic comic scenarios, Disney makes their $ back quickly and easily.  

Some fun times ahead, boys and girls. 

Cue mid-credit scene after infinity war where a beaten cap/avengers team looks up and sees a silhoutte of the blackbird and several shadowy figures jump out to join the fight..

300?cb=20070709142312

Madripoor 1941: A fledgling Captain America comes to the aid of a Russian, who is being attacked by Hand Ninjas. Both of the men are rescued by the help of a newcomer who makes the island his home and hates the Hand – Logan. After they win the battle, Logan takes them to the bar Seraph’s, where he tags Baron von Strucker and another Nazi, almost starting a fight. The Russian, Ivan Petrovitch tells them that the Nazis and the Hand are planning an alliance and that they have kidnapped a child in his charge – Natasha Romanoff. A little later, the three men attack the Nazi limousine where Natasha is being held. One Nazi intends to kill the girl, rather than give her up. However, Logan throws himself between Natasha and the gun, seemingly sacrificing his life to save her. Ivan and Cap decide to take Natasha to the American consulate instead of following Logan’s plan. Unfortunately, the consul is working with the Nazis and sells them out. In the Hand hideout, they learn that the Hand intends to make Natasha a master assassin, her first test being the murder of her would-be-rescuers. Fortunately, they are all rescued again by a very much alive Logan, who takes them to a getaway plane. The present: The Black Widow went to Madripoor as a favor to Nick Fury to learn everything about a meeting between Fenris (Strucker's children) and Tsurayaba, the new leader of the Hand. She ends up in a trap by the Hand, but is rescued by Wolverine, Psylocke and Jubilee. Later, they question the underworld and learn that the meeting between Fenris and Tsurayaba is to take place on a certain yacht. They infiltrate the yacht and take out the gangsters, but find out they are impostors: the real meeting took place somewhere else in the meantime.

37 minutes ago, Nino_013 said:

Cue mid-credit scene after infinity war where a beaten cap/avengers team looks up and sees a silhoutte of the blackbird and several shadowy figures jump out to join the fight..

How about the Blackbird, The Fantasticar and a figure on a silver board? 

I'd  p i s s  my pants. 

Edited by Chip Cataldo

55 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

300?cb=20070709142312

Lets do this right...the CGC 9.8 JC Penny variant (differentiated by the Spider-man UPC):banana:.  I posted this somewhere else but I'll take every opportunity to show off this beauty.

20170824_171817.jpg.3675204f6ac957758f65e5a2fb147c2b.jpg

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
2nd printing or variant??? Hhmmm

On 12/5/2017 at 12:18 PM, Logan510 said:

Really? I don't remember Iron Man being a sarcastic, joke maker in the books ( just one minor example ), as a matter of fact I don't remember most of the characters being sarcastic, joke makers...but that's how the majority of them are portrayed now on screen. (shrug)

Remember how disappointed you were in the Punisher series? That's how I feel about 90% of the Marvel movies.

The last Thor movie completely butchered the character of Thor.  Thor in the comic doesn't run from battle (the opening scene had Thor doing this) and sure wouldn't have whined about getting a hair cut.  He definitely is not cracking jokes either.

Marvel's formula works, but at the expense of the characters I grew up reading.  I've mentioned before all the Marvel movie heroes have the same voice.

I get it, the wise cracking characters they put up on the screen sells.  But let's not pretend these characters are the same characters in the comics.  Outside of the powers, the resemblance is superficial at best.  And even the powers, as is the case with the recent Spider-Man movie, went out the door so we could get Iron-Boy.

One article I read is that they will allow fox to keep making the "R" rated movies, where Disney proper will keep with the family friendly pg-13 outings.

I think that may make a lot of sense, given that the R rated movies Fox has made have been their best ones.  Plus, it may work best to keep those as elseworld / sandbox movies vs trying to integrate into MU proper.  IMO the Punisher Netflix movie would have been much better served if they didn't try to have connectivity to MU at all.  Even as little as it was, it kind of took me out of the story.

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

Why would Disney keep making movies/shows of 2nd and 3rd tier characters when they are getting all their 1st tier characters back

so long Warlock movie, bye bye Moon Knight hasta luego Darkhawk

Valid point but a good -script designed for even a 2nd tier character will still get made.  Probably not nearly as many but if they have a killer Moon Knight -script (for example) then I can't see why they wouldn't utilize the character.

Just now, 1Cool said:

Valid point but a good --script designed for even a 2nd tier character will still get made.  Probably not nearly as many but if they have a killer Moon Knight --script (for example) then I can't see why they wouldn't utilize the character.

There’s only certain number of comic movies they can make a year. Trust me if they wanted to and get away with they would put 5 or 6 or them. They can do 3 maybe 4 a year. Why make something with some risk (unknown character to the public) when you can make The Fantastic Four or a Wolverine, X-men movie instead aka a proven commodity. Those characters may pop up here and there but as cameos (see Howard the Duck)