• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

we've heard about the horrors that await us from hector and one of the palindromic pals--but where is the other?  his computer and phone must be broken.  a shame, as i can't wait to hear what canadian schoolkids and soccer moms think about this unholy alliance.

One of the things you may see is less comic movies coming out of this deal.  Right now both Marvel and Fox are each doing 2 to 3 movies per year.  No way I see Marvel doing 6 per year.  They will likely stick to their 3 or so per year, so the overall hero mokvie output will decrease.  

Granted this may be a blessing in the long run and help to put off fatigue. I wonder if Feige's declaration of 20 movies took this new reality into account.  That would seriously change up what people have predicted as the new slate of films.

Edited by drotto

38 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

we've heard about the horrors that await us from hector and one of the palindromic pals--but where is the other?  his computer and phone must be broken.  a shame, as i can't wait to hear what canadian schoolkids and soccer moms think about this unholy alliance.

it's not a "doom/gloom" just want to predict that these ideas you comic nerds are thinking of will take a back seat. I guarantee that if Marvel had Spider-man earlier, Ant-Man isn't made. If Disney has FF and X-Men why continue to do Dr. Strange, Black Panther etc.

I am just hoping they do something awesome like an post credits scene where they show the big battle with the Avengers vs Thanos, zoom in on a building in the distance and you see RR sitting on top of a building eating a chimichanga and just watching the battle as a spectator.

or to make it a true easter egg, have him eating shawarma

Edited by Pete Marino

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

it's not a "doom/gloom" just want to predict that these ideas you comic nerds are thinking of will take a back seat. I guarantee that if Marvel had Spider-man earlier, Ant-Man isn't made. If Disney has FF and X-Men why continue to do Dr. Strange, Black Panther etc.

Maybe they would've been Netflix shows (shrug)

Whoa!

Disney could emerge from Fox deal with part ownership of the Batman property

gothbatfbtoosie11.jpg

gothamcastwing.jpg

CBR reports that, if Disney does acquire 20th Century Fox, it could also give Disney the rights to the 1960s Batman TV series (starring Adam West and Burt Ward) as well as an opportunity to influence the future of the GOTHAM TV show. The outlet also states that although Warner Bros. owns Batman and the rest of DC Entertainment’s characters, Fox owns the rights to Batman’s 1960s show. Through Gotham, the Fox Broadcasting Network also currently holds Batman’s live-action TV rights.

When you get down to it, this potential deal really is something major. With a confirmation on the agreement potentially coming as early as next week, it might not be long before we see Disney wolf down another healthy slice of entertainment pie. Hell, maybe acquiring Marvel and Lucasfilm was just Disney's idea of sampling a few appetizers, so to speak. The deal is no easy feat, though. The acquisition is worth $60 billion, so U.S. government regulators will have to approve of the deal before any exchange of ownership can take place. Still, imagine how much something like this will influence the industry. After all, if the deal goes through, Disney would also get Fox’s other cable channels, its share in Hulu and access to the streamer's vast content library, which includes shows produced by 20th Century Fox Television.

Sounds like the deal is not finalized just yet. But it is very close.

Disney And Fox Reportedly Working Out Fine Print On Deal

The most recent report from Variety is that talks have progressed far enough that both companies have tasked bankers with ironing out the fine print of the deal.

Reports of the deal claim that the acquisition wouldn't be a complete merging of the two companies, but that Disney would purchase a majority of Fox's most valuable assets, including film and TV rights to their various properties. A source close to the deal claims terms could be agreed upon by Christmas.

Rumors of the deal first broke in November, only for talks to quickly fizzle out. Comcast reportedly began discussions to purchase Fox, only for those talks to also come to a halt. According to Bernstein Research analyst Todd Juenger, the deal is estimated at around $74 billion.

41 minutes ago, AmazingComics413 said:

Did they ever reveal where the Avengers moved in Spider-Man Homecoming / who bought the Avengers tower?

Either I missed that part or they're saving that info for this.

if they are smart, they should have LexCorp being the buyers