• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

I'm speechless.

Namor

a Hulk Vs Wolverine movie... omg..

how will this not make 2 billion?

Magneto

Galactus

Dr Doom

Sentinels

Mr Sinister

about time Marvel gets its A list villains back!  these b list and bottom tier  villains like Thanos were really starting to get annoying..

I am VERY HAPPY for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  Specifically, the FF.  I feel that that franchise has the most to gain.  

However, I am not so happy about the broader implications of Disney gaining yet even more control of various properties and all the implications that come with it.

50 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I am VERY HAPPY for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  Specifically, the FF.  I feel that that franchise has the most to gain.  

However, I am not so happy about the broader implications of Disney gaining yet even more control of various properties and all the implications that come with it.

Serious question because I've heard this brought up several times.  What exactly is the concern?

- Monopoly?...there's enough competition still out there to make is false

- Quality?...I trust Disney, more than most, to give us quality content (their image is their bread and butter)

- Content?...I have no idea why this was brought up but I saw it a couple of times

Besides the crazy ticket prices to enter Disney World/Land I really have no issues with the Mouse.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Pickle Rick

Disney CEO Says R-Rated Marvel Movies Being Considered

During an investor's meeting with Disney executives, CEO Bob Iger personally cited the success of Fox's R-Rated X-Men spinoff Deadpool as an "opportunity" to create an R-Rated branch of the Marvel movie brand:

disney-r-rated-marvel-movies-bob-iger-10

Fans of the Marvel movie franchises are especially about this Fox/Disney deal, as it will finally bring the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, thereby giving Marvel Studios complete control over a full roster Marvel Comics characters and properties. However, a lot of those same fans are worried that the MCU brand will become to monotone, and that by consolidating everything under one studio, we'll lose out on the opportunity to see unique creative visions like Deadpool, Logan or the X-Men TV series Legion.

My thread on this subject was actual first and before this one everyone is posting in, but at 12 pages, no point in re-bumping my old one...

Glad to see they have managed to make it happen.

Hopefully Marvel will stop the intentional sabotage of FF and X-Men comics, so not only do we get MCU X-men and FF, we get great X-Men comics again.

Combined with the new and improved SJW-fixing moves in the comic space(legacy, firing alonso, etc), I think the next year or two  for Marvel comics is going to be amazing.

2 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Serious question because I've heard this brought up several times.  What exactly is the concern?

- Monopoly?...there's enough competition still out there to make is false

- Quality?...I trust Disney, more than most, to give us quality content (their image is their bread and butter)

- Content?...I have no idea this was brought up but I saw it a couple of times

Besides the crazy ticket prices to enter Disney World/Land I really have no issues with the Mouse.

Disney has shown with Marvel and Star Wars they won't ruin properties, but allow them significant autonomy to continue producing quality material, but obviously within certain overall rules/goals.

20 years ago I would have been concerned, but Disney of today has shown, EXCEPTIONALLY good oversight in not wrecking or changing the high-end IP that they acquire.

Marvel purchase and results alone should assuage anyone with such fears.

This is a nice deal for Disney/Marvel from an IP perspective. It should work out great for comic fans as well as we will get to see some of the larger crossover events between the X-universe and Avengers-universe brought to life. I wonder if they can work the X-Men into the Avengers 4 finale vs. Thanos? As long as they keep Deadpool R-rated and do a great job with the rest of the X-universe I will be happy! As far as the FF, who cares. lol

From a shareholder perspective, that is a lot of dilution, unfortunately.................... :eek:

Will be interesting to see how they work in the Fantastic Four as we've already had two crappy origin movies. Do they go the way of Spidey and assume everyone know the backstory and just pick up with them taking on some big cosmic baddie?

Edited by Key Largo Comics

I can't be sure how big a part the Josh Trank tanking played in this, but if it played any part at all, it was well worth the tank.  :takeit:

THANK YOU JOSH TRANK!!!  ^^  ^^

Edited by fantastic_four

An idea on How to incorporate the FF into the MCU...Just being  nerdy here...And possibly have them show up in Avengers: Infinity War Part II...

As all hope seems lost, suddenly, you hear "It's Clobbering Time" and a rocky man mountain falls from the sky and clobbers Thanos or one of his kids/minions.  Right behind him, the Human Torch streaks into view as do Reed and Sue in a Fantasticar and the battle is joined.  

Incorporating (generally) into MCU:  Reed Richards was a recipient of the inaugural September Foundation Grant that Tony created and introduced at MIT at the beginning of Captain America: Civil War to "reshape the future".

Using that grant, Reed, creates a space ship and/or a device for dimensional travel (to go the Ultimate route).  Reed and Victor have some sort of "falling out".  Perhaps Victor tries to outdo Reed and ends up disfiguring himself.  Reed brings in his buddy Ben and Sue her brother Johnny "for the ride".  Stuff blows up.  They gain their powers.  Doom uses and improves upon Iron Man tech to create his infamous suit - But we never actually see Doom. Just a hint as to his origin. Save him for later.

The first FF solo movie could take place "off world" after Civil War and before Avengers: Infinity War (which is why we never saw them before).  Perhaps an inter-dimensional threat or other alien threat? Annihilus? The Skrulls? Terrax? Intro the Negative Zone?

Incorporating the X-Men might be a little more "difficult" as in "where have they been all this time", etc but I suspect no one really cares all that much about this stuff...

End of nerdiness, for now.