• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Nov auction
4 4

187 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Finally got a camp copy :cloud9:

Highest graded war cover with a Little GGA to boot.  

A057FBA7-A4A4-44C3-BF1F-51B992B4EBA4.jpeg

Great book Rick. I used to own it. Sold it in a Comic Connect auction last...

....hour or two.

1 minute ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Wow! Even more power to the provenance. Very grateful to be the next caretaker of this little piece of history. 

The previous boardie was cheetah. Good Mojo. Enjoy!

I wanted to bid harder on the Punch 9, but I assumed that since it's in a PG Ech slab, there's some missing restoration (I assumed there's color touch).

A case for the "grader" Hurting the final price....

Edited by miraclemet
Had to put grader in quote marks...

59 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

I wanted to bid harder on the Punch 9, but I assumed that since it's in a PG Ech slab, there's some missing restoration (I assumed there's color touch).

Me too... until I realized the same. CC sold it over last summer for half the final hammer, but it was a 1.0 CGC at the time:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=652911

Definitely some color touch.

I was able to grab 3 More Fun Comics.  The "best" being the .5 53.  I could afford it and maybe try to upgrade eventually.  I was a bit surprised that the coverless More Fun 73 went for $5001.  It wasn't just coverless but missing parts of a couple of pages.  I was going after it but stopped.  Wondering if the book is just hot now because of the announcement of Aquaman movie and will eventually cool off a bit.  If not then I may never get that one.

1 hour ago, jhm said:

Me too... until I realized the same. CC sold it over last summer for half the final hammer, but it was a 1.0 CGC at the time:

wow screw that seller... thats some manipulative junk (subbing it to a crappy grading company to resolve the page brittleness issue which keeps its value down) and it paid off in doubling his money.

and they attached the cover with tape to lose the "detached" designation....

wow what jerks

Im gonna assume that Spirit 22 (PLOD 2.5) will get resubed so it can go into a Conserved holder.  Looks like bidders all assumed a value bump with a $1355 final hammer. Wonder if it can have the tear seals and tape removed and get all the way back to universal. 

3 hours ago, miraclemet said:

:whatthe: was you :makepoint: Who cares what slab it was in still a cool book

Edited by woowoo

2 hours ago, jhm said:

The copy last night had old tape down the spine  don't think they where the same copy

Edited by woowoo