• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 8

245 posts in this topic

Um, I was talking about my perception of a scan in the grading contest. Greggy is the one that decided to throw himself into the volcano. But your points are noted. thumbsup2.gif

"BTW Doc,

I think you need a primer on scanning yourself. Your auction scans are way overexposed (which hides defects) and they look like they were shot through a screen door. Color is pretty mottled too."

confused-smiley-013.gif

Um, I was talking about my perception of a scan in the grading contest. Greggy is the one that decided to throw himself into the volcano. But your points are noted. thumbsup2.gif

"BTW Doc,

I think you need a primer on scanning yourself. Your auction scans are way overexposed (which hides defects) and they look like they were shot through a screen door. Color is pretty mottled too."

confused-smiley-013.gif

Don't you recognize a scattershot slam when someone's getting torqued? Come on, your a board vet! insane.gif

Anyway, I am seriously done in this thread. There's one with my name on it I have to attend to. (uh, just kidding.)

The way I see it...CGC is all wrong here...the book is obviously a 9.4 as I had graded it...man...CGC blows...guess it's time to use PGX... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

PGX grading higher these days?

The last book I sent to them came back a 7.5, totally disagreed, sent same book into CGC and came back 8.5.

Not knowing what tanning is, beyond the beach babes and all this discussion about it. It would have been nice to reference the book that has caused such controversy. I feel it was taken down too soon IMO 893scratchchin-thumb.gif