• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 8

245 posts in this topic

And of course it was the natural assumption to make because one person out of 70 made it. screwy.gif

Next time put a little more effort into presenting the book. And your scans are too dark.

All I can say is that I wish nikos luck with his next contest, as he'll be doing it alone. The grief is not worth the trouble.

You mentioned what the main defect was... after the round was over. And it was a defect not visible in the scans. We should have been supplied with that information to begin with. screwy.gif

When I said a few rounds ago that we need graders' notes every round, I believe I got no backup from anyone and nothing but "We don't need to steenkin graders' notes" from a few others.

I was hoping something like this would happen. yay.gif

Jeez, you get a 4 and you can't wait to whip out the banana! 27_laughing.gif

Seriously, I just think the expectations got a little too esoteric with this round. Not sure if we need full blown graders notes, but we should be informed of a major defect like this. Otherwise I'm going to start covering my asss and I'm going to present a checklist of questions covering every possible unseen defect, for each round.

Nikos? Comments?

And of course it was the natural assumption to make because one person out of 70 made it. screwy.gif

Next time put a little more effort into presenting the book. And your scans are too dark.

All I can say is that I wish nikos luck with his next contest, as he'll be doing it alone. The grief is not worth the trouble.

Don't let the door hit you...... poke2.gif

Damn...you want some cheese with that whine? screwy.gif

Jim

Hey, didn't you drop out?

Yep...but I know a whine when I hear it...at least this time we don't have the typical suspects to blame...

Jim

Jim

Yep...but I know a whine when I hear it...at least this time we don't have the typical suspects to blame...

Jim

One man's whine is another's legitimate complaint. You're welcome to your opinion.

Hats Off to anyone that nailed THAT ONE!

That was a friggin' BEAR!

foreheadslap.gif

I agree. We were in good company with our guess of 9.2 though. CGC was extremely harsh on that book. 9.0 is probably more like it, but 8.5? Congrats to the five that nailed it! thumbsup2.gif

Harsh at 8.5? The book has several spine stresses, r/h top corner f/c crease breaks colour, fc top edge wear breaks colour, upper spine corner ding, back cover upper corner missing a chip, bottom corner bent over...

8.5?

WOW!

One man's whine is another's legitimate complaint. You're welcome to your opinion.

True...but it kills me that every time Nik has had one of these contests someone always comes out moaning and groaning about this or that nit pick. This time it's you...congratulations...

The public perception of comic fans must be true...seems you can't get a bunch of them together to do anything for a period of time before someone acts like a child and ruins it...we're 0 for 3 so far...

Jim

Jim

Jim

Considering how full bodied this whine is, I'd recommend a nice hunk of Parmigiana Reggiano to go with it.

True...but it kills me that every time Nik has had one of these contests someone always comes out moaning and groaning about this or that nit pick. This time it's you...congratulations...

The public perception of comic fans must be true...seems you can't get a bunch of them together to do anything for a period of time before someone acts like a child and ruins it...we're 0 for 3 so far...

Jim

Ummmm, sorry no. If you aren't a participant, you have no soapbox upon which to stand castigating others. makepoint.gif

Jim

Ummmm, sorry no. If you aren't a participant, you have no soapbox upon which to stand castigating others. makepoint.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Exactly, you can't quit and then complain about the contest or its participants.

I ruined it for you?

Grow up.

Ruined for me? 27_laughing.gif Hell I'm quite amused by your whine actually...

But by throwng your fit...and [#@$%!!!] off Greggy enough to leave, you've proven yet again how some take these games too seriously...

I was waiting to see who'd be the first to throw the first b1tch fit and you've not disappointed....

Jim

Hats Off to anyone that nailed THAT ONE!

That was a friggin' BEAR!

foreheadslap.gif

I agree. We were in good company with our guess of 9.2 though. CGC was extremely harsh on that book. 9.0 is probably more like it, but 8.5? Congrats to the five that nailed it! thumbsup2.gif

Harsh at 8.5? The book has several spine stresses, r/h top corner f/c crease breaks colour, fc top edge wear breaks colour, upper spine corner ding, back cover upper corner missing a chip, bottom corner bent over...

8.5?

WOW!

Obviously I am not alone, the lion's share of the grades were 9.2 and 9.4. The main defect was undisclosed, so based on what was seen, I don't think a NM- was out of line. screwy.gif

The public perception of comic fans must be true...seems you can't get a bunch of them together to do anything for a period of time before someone acts like a child and ruins it...

Same can be said for priests.

Exactly, you can't quit and then complain about the contest or its participants.

I didn't quit...I bowed out because I realized I had an unfair advantage over others...

It was the right thing to do...would have loved to have continued because I was doing quite well...

Jim

I didn't quit...I bowed out because I realized I had an unfair advantage over others...

It was the right thing to do...would have loved to have continued because I was doing quite well...

Jim

What was the unfair advantage?