• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 8

245 posts in this topic

Your points are taken, Scott. We just disagree about the level of obviousness that anything on the outside covers implies about the inside covers. Especially if the brightness and contrast levels of the source scans are off. And I certainly agree that any unseen flaw of that magnitude should be mentioned. thumbsup2.gif

Jezus Christ, Red.

Let it die.

Your points are taken, Scott. We just disagree about the level of obviousness that anything on the outside covers implies about the inside covers. Especially if the brightness and contrast levels of the source scans are off. And I certainly agree that any unseen flaw of that magnitude should be mentioned. thumbsup2.gif

Jezus Christ, Red.

Let it die.

Jezus Christ, Dice.

Avert your eyes if it bugs you so much.

Jezus Christ, Red.

Let it die.

Jezus Christ, Dice.

Avert your eyes if it bugs you so much.

If you were a woman, you'd bleed to death.

Not directed to anyone in specific.

Everyone has a point, and entitled to an opinion.

Lets keep things in perspective, its only a contest, supposed to be somewhat entertaining and informitive, nobody got killed or raped.

Keep the peace grin.gif

I love you guys that compulsively need to comment and in fact guarantee that the topic stays alive. If you hate it, shaddup and it will go away.

I'm just responding to the comment posted by Scott. gossip.gif

Hint: I'm done if you are.

BTW Dice.....you never told me how those complimentary global illustrator files I sent you worked out. confused-smiley-013.gif

I could have sworn I sent you a PM filled with thanks.

If I didn't, I meant to.

thumbsup2.gif

I ended up not using them because the guy that was SUPPOSED to send them to me came through at the last second. crazy.gif

Thanks for bailing me out. flowerred.gif

BTW Dice.....you never told me how those complimentary global illustrator files I sent you worked out. confused-smiley-013.gif

I could have sworn I sent you a PM filled with thanks.

If I didn't, I meant to.

thumbsup2.gif

I ended up not using them because the guy that was SUPPOSED to send them to me came through at the last second. crazy.gif

Thanks for bailing me out. flowerred.gif

No, I didn't hear anything. But anytime, dude. thumbsup2.gif

Aww.. quit being so cantankerous.

And start with the phot-shop-ed-nessing again.

Or a good ol witch hunt will suffice.

And for the record.... why do you hate tanning pages so much?

Were you beaten with tanned pages as a child? Did you badly want tanned pages for your birthday, but got a pony instead?

Do you wanna talk about it?

Zlappy-

I love you guys that compulsively need to comment and in fact guarantee that the topic stays alive.

hi.gif

If you hate it, shaddup and it will go away.

I don't hate it. I'm a fan of the meltdown. grin.gif

BTW Doc,

I think you need a primer on scanning yourself. Your auction scans are way overexposed (which hides defects) and they look like they were shot through a screen door. Color is pretty mottled too.

Let me know if you want some tips.

Red

first4.jpg

Red...WTF???...

I happen to like Banners scans...I have an easier time perceiving flaws on a scan such as this than a scan that is smooth and non-descript....

What you see and percieve is not always 100% how everone else should view things...

I haven't said this in awhile but...Get off your freakin' high horse and realize that your perception of the world is not the be-all and end-all of things...chill out and come down to earth with the rest of us peons...the air isn't as thin down here...

thumbsup2.gif

I happen to like Banners scans...I have an easier time perceiving flaws on a scan such as this than a scan that is smooth and non-descript....

Thanks - I get WAY MORE questions on my ebay auctions about how I get my scans looking so good than I do about the books themselves!! Like you, I don't like when sellers over-process their scans and smooth out the texture of the book into a monotonous plane, devoid of any sense of depth. Unlike the book above, here's one that actually has defects which clearly show the fine details, color flakes, color-breaking bends/creases, etc.,:

terrific6.jpg

Um, I was talking about my perception of a scan in the grading contest. Greggy is the one that decided to throw himself into the volcano. But your points are noted. thumbsup2.gif

Banner.. but are the pages tanned?

poke2.gif

And was that top staple yanked out with pliers like a bad tooth?

j/k

Enough of this thread..we need to start person_without_enough_empathying about Round 9 soon. It is almost 11