• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink November Auction — post ‘em if you got ‘em (or if you lost ‘em)
7 7

98 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Brando- said:

It happens. It's also fun when you have the highest bid until the last second, and then you click "refresh" on your browser and see the final price is several hundred dollars more than your max bid. :whatthe:

Several hundred dollars bothers me a heck of a lot less than being sniped by $5. If someone wants to pay strong money over my bid I tip my cap, but losing by a tiny amount plays right into the second guessing game.

3 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Several hundred dollars bothers me a heck of a lot less than being sniped by $5. If someone wants to pay strong money over my bid I tip my cap, but losing by a tiny amount plays right into the second guessing game.

I would agree with that. There's no way to get a sense of the market when it's not competitive.

I bid early. And late. I snipe - but typically by a good amount. I never want to lose a book that I want. I'm always afraid I'll miss out.

14 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I’m still thinking about that FF4 u snagged on the boards lol...great pickup. I have a tendency to overthink things sometimes...

I'm sorry bud.  I've been on lookout for this book in mid grade for over a year, that c-link buy I did in 1.5 was borne of desperation practically.  Now the 1.5 is an 'extra' I'll sell for what I paid if lucky.

Funny thing is, when board first changed over to new format someone posted a FF 4 in (pretty sure) 5.0 for 1000 and I got lucky then too and posted "take" right away despite the new board format that I really didn't like, but failed to follow up with quick PM.  Then the thread got disappeared and never saw the book posted again.  I really hated the new board format for a bit (even though the new boards had nothing to do with my missed book).

Edited by grebal
I think we've all been there, being a bit despondent over missing a good take on board sales

40 minutes ago, grebal said:

I'm sorry bud.  I've been on lookout for this book in mid grade for over a year, that c-link buy I did in 1.5 was borne of desperation practically.  Now the 1.5 is an 'extra' I'll sell for what I paid if lucky.

Funny thing is, when board first changed over to new format someone posted a FF 4 in (pretty sure) 5.0 for 1000 and I got lucky then too and posted "take" right away despite the new board format that I really didn't like, but failed to follow up with quick PM.  Then the thread got disappeared and never saw the book posted again.  I really hated the new board format for a bit (even though the new boards had nothing to do with my missed book).

C'est la vie... No ill will at all though, glad it went to a deserving home and helped fulfill a run...great eye appeal for a 3.5! (thumbsu 

4 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

C'est la vie... No ill will at all though, glad it went to a deserving home and helped fulfill a run...great eye appeal for a 3.5! (thumbsu 

Huh, did I mention that part ? 

You are correct, with the number 4 I now have complete run of FF 2-200. :banana:

17 hours ago, Drummy said:

Great pick-ups, everyone.  

I got these two for my mini-key collection from the early Marvel Silver Age:

Strange Tales 104 8.5.jpg

X-Men 11 9.0.jpg

Wow, two excellent pickups. I was considering bidding on both of these but decided to pass on the whole auction. I really like the Winnipeg Pedigree. White Pages rule !

On 12/1/2017 at 9:37 AM, mysterio said:

Agree but you never know how high the winning bidder would have gone. His max bid could have been to the moon. In some cases, I think certain players put in an uber high bid to make sure they win, especially on single highest graded, variants, etc. 

I was just thinking, I am tired of seeing all these auctions going through the books in alphabetical order. Action is always first and X-Men last. It would be fun and interesting to mix it up a little.  If I don't win anything by the time the auction is 2/3 done, I usually walk away as there not as much at the end of the alphabet for me as at the beginning. I'm sure other collectors feel the same way and interest in the auction fades at the end. Kind of like a 31 - 3 score in the 4th quarter of a football game, change the channel. Just having Spidey at the end would really keep up the interest. C'mon you auction houses. Show some creativity, make it fun, mix it up a little !

46 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, mysterio said:

Agree but you never know how high the winning bidder would have gone. His max bid could have been to the moon. In some cases, I think certain players put in an uber high bid to make sure they win, especially on single highest graded, variants, etc. 

Definitely true, but in those cases where I am outbid by a little bit I wonder if I could have had a shot.

40 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I was just thinking, I am tired of seeing all these auctions going through the books in alphabetical order. Action is always first and X-Men last. It would be fun and interesting to mix it up a little.  If I don't win anything by the time the auction is 2/3 done, I usually walk away as there not as much at the end of the alphabet for me as at the beginning. I'm sure other collectors feel the same way and interest in the auction fades at the end. Kind of like a 31 - 3 score in the 4th quarter of a football game, change the channel. Just having Spidey at the end would really keep up the interest. C'mon you auction houses. Show some creativity, make it fun, mix it up a little !

It would be nice to get TTA and TOS out of the way early, not to mention Strange Tales. Those pre-hero heavy auctions are great, but sometimes tough to wait up for past my bedtime.

GSX1 9.8 CGC SS. :)    Finally didn't lose!!  Very pleased.  All my auctions end in a 007 as well.  I was debating on this book or the SC22 6.0.  The SC22 went for a good deal, last ones were higher when I lost so I thought that SC would be around $9k.  Oh Well.  SC22 buyer got a steal. 

2 minutes ago, Agent 007 said:

GSX1 9.8 CGC SS. :)    Finally didn't lose!!  Very pleased.  All my auctions end in a 007 as well.  I was debating on this book or the SC22 6.0.  The SC22 went for a good deal, last ones were higher when I lost so I thought that SC would be around $9k.  Oh Well.  SC22 buyer got a steal. 

That's quite the book! Congrats :)