• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Top 3 pick ups of 2017
7 7

239 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Oh, I get it now. These are runners-up to the Astros Series win (thumbsu

I was wondering what was on your top 3 if that Mystery Men 10 was in your runners-up :foryou:

All of the things that happened this year... headlines, politics, storms, milestones, and especially acquisitions ... are secondary to the Astros winning it all.

16 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

All of the things that happened this year... headlines, politics, storms, milestones, and especially acquisitions ... are secondary to the Astros winning it all.

Now if the Indians would just win for me and @gino2paulus2 and all us NE Ohio folks that would be a Christmas wish come true. :wishluck:

I used to go to the old stadium in the days of Andre Thornton and Buddy Bell and Mike Hargrove. Went to the ‘97 Series and thought we were gonna win.

9 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Now if the Indians would just win for me and @gino2paulus2 and all us NE Ohio folks that would be a Christmas wish come true. :wishluck:

I used to go to the old stadium in the days of Andre Thornton and Buddy Bell and Mike Hargrove. Went to the ‘97 Series and thought we were gonna win.

:foryou: Ol’ Municipal Stadium!! I have a few memories there myself!! Some of the views in that stadium were obstructed by those big support beams if i recall correctly I was still pretty young when we went there but did go to a several games!! I too was fortunate enough to attend a game in the 97’ series I got the ticket around here somewhere!! Still have my ticket to this game as well!! :cloud9: I am confident we will get one sooner than later brother!! 

27485534229_55c3fe3622_b.jpg

21 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

:foryou: Ol’ Municipal Stadium!! I have a few memories there myself!! Some of the views in that stadium were obstructed by those big support beams if i recall correctly I was still pretty young when we went there but did go to a several games!! I too was fortunate enough to attend a game in the 97’ series I got the ticket around here somewhere!! Still have my ticket to this game as well!! :cloud9: I am confident we will get one sooner than later brother!! 

27485534229_55c3fe3622_b.jpg

I spent many a nine innings stuck behind a pillar there.  I used to walk around and find myself in better seats a lot. The security was pretty lax in those days. 

9 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

I've yet to post my three best pick-ups yet, but as the year draws to a close, the Timely seems right...  :grin:

99bcb05f-e206-44a0-bbb8-ba15095bc54b_zps

4d24ef4a-3ee0-4d27-a8ed-8f9d8cee0ff9_zps

4f89c970-0c08-4f14-8636-e993746f747d_zps

The white squiggles on the upper right of all three scans were on the scanner window, not the books.

(unrestored, graded 9.2 OW/W --- 8.5 OW --- 9.0 OW/W respectively) ...a very Happy New Year! :whee:

Last one is my favorite 

18 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

I've yet to post my three best pick-ups yet, but as the year draws to a close, the Timely seems right...  :grin:

99bcb05f-e206-44a0-bbb8-ba15095bc54b_zps

4d24ef4a-3ee0-4d27-a8ed-8f9d8cee0ff9_zps

4f89c970-0c08-4f14-8636-e993746f747d_zps

The white squiggles on the upper right of all three scans were on the scanner window, not the books.

(unrestored, graded 9.2 OW/W --- 8.5 OW --- 9.0 OW/W respectively) ...a very Happy New Year! :whee:

Great books! I’ve always been fond of #12, but that #34 is frightfully good.