• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Top 3 pick ups of 2017
7 7

239 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, GoldCap said:

Wow Comics #38.  I didn't know this book existed until discovering it this year but I fell in love with it the moment I saw it!

5a301804e28b2_WowComics38(2).thumb.jpg.e47b88a9943ac60eee66d0be65ec11d5.jpg

Are those not the most wonderfully rendered clouds ever to grace a comic cover?

I had a chance to buy one of these just a few years back and passed on it. I've regretted it since, and seeing your copy has done nothing to assuage those regrets!  :cry:

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:33 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

4d24ef4a-3ee0-4d27-a8ed-8f9d8cee0ff9_zps

All the early Marvel Mystery issues are beyond my current budget, but I have long coveted this terrific S&K cover. I go back and forth on a hypothetical note about whether I would choose to plop down my money on a MM with the Torch on the cover or do I opt for Subby? Well, among that select handful of early Angel covers, this is heads and tails above the rest, and just as worthy a candidate for coveting and with a run as outstanding as Marvel Mystery, that's really sayin' something!

2 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Great book! I hope the day comes when Fawcetts get the love they once enjoyed and surely deserve.  (thumbsu

Thanks and I agree 100%!!!

I'm hoping that with the Shazam movie around the corner, interest in anything and everything golden age Captain Marvel may pick up. There's soo much potential if that movie is a hit to spawn off Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel movies as well. If they are teased properly I guess. Although being they couldn't call him Captain Marvel due to Marvel Comic's version and therefore had to use his modern name of Shazam, I wonder if Cap Jr. and Mary could even be involved. Maybe they would have to have different names lol.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 12/3/2017 at 9:18 PM, Junkdrawer said:

I always looked forward to these types of threads this time of year to see what you guys added to the collection. So to be official, you had to have made the purchase in 2017. If it’s not in hand yet, a scan is suffice, and if you haven’t even gotten it yet, there’s still time to post. Here’s to a good year of pick ups and it’s tough to nail it down to my top 3 acquisitions, but I’ll go with these. aka My Keepers

26BD0E13-9F11-446D-A829-B3D297CB44DB.jpeg

D375F2AB-BE80-430D-8479-0A323DC10346.jpeg

06C1FBA2-7C7B-444A-9C64-A873FB01A9C6.jpeg

Wonderful!  Love the Reds on the Rangers 26. 

On 12/9/2017 at 11:33 PM, SushiX said:

Went through a lot of bad things last few months and even up until last week I thought I can't pay this off but some good things happened yesterday and today so I'm glad to say I'll be getting this in my hands end of the month? it was the only book this year for me but I'm super happy! Btw thanks to mr.gator,ricksneatstuff ,comcav and everyone i missed for their suggestions and opinions!

ama3_205a.jpg

One of the coolest books there is.  Glad you were able to work out the purchase.

On 12/20/2017 at 9:17 AM, jimjum12 said:

I'm not in the same league with you guys..... but these are probably my three favorites..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

EUhBIA4.jpg

w3oWJW1.jpg

2UQNftX.jpg

r7WSjce.jpg

0BCbyDv.jpg

I would say those books are in a pretty fine league.