• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

Here’s the problem, Scarjo has never been able to carry a movie on her own.  Never.

this doesn’t look like it’s going to be the first

her acting is meh

Edited by jsilverjanet

37 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Here’s the problem, Scarjo has never been able to carry a movie on her own.  Never.

her acting is meh

I think she did a decent job in Lucy as the lead. That was very dependent on her as the key lead in the film. Lost In Translation was really a Bill Murray project. Ghost World is another one where she worked with another actress (Thora Birch) and Steve Buscemi to pull it off.

She did a solo film that to me was just so bad, it was painful to watch (Under the Skin). It very much was about revealing her body as the main movie draw. Someone sent me a copy for free, and I gave it away rather quickly after seeing it.

39 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

her acting is meh

I don't see a problem. Also, I remember Lost in Translation and Woody Allen's Match Point being good movies and did fine at the box office for "small" movies. Also, there are a few other Avengers who can't really carry a movie by themselves outside the MCU, namely, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, and Mark Ruffalo to name four.

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I don't see a problem. Also, I remember Lost in Translation and Woody Allen's Match Point being good movies and did fine at the box office for "small" movies. Also, there are a few other Avengers who can't really carry a movie by themselves outside the MCU, namely, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, and Mark Ruffalo to name four.

we"ve so passed the point when the actor/actress is the draw for the MCU and based on early voting some critics seem to think she can act just fine

Lead Actress
Top Nominees Wins 2nd Place Nominations Points
1 Renée Zellweger
Judy
2 0 3 9
2 Awkwafina
The Farewell
1 0 2 5
3 Lupita Nyong'o
Us
1 0 1 4
4 Alfre Woodard
Clemency
0 0 3 3
5 Charlize Theron
Bombshell
0 0 2 2
  Elisabeth Moss
Her Smell
0 0 2 2
  Mary Kay Place
Diane
0 0 2 2
  Scarlett Johansson
Marriage Story
0 0 2 2

34 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The Hurt Locker and Wind River are two solid films where Renner was the lead, and delivered solid performances.

Mark Ruffalo does a great job in supporting roles (Zodiac, Shutter Island, Collateral).

Chris Evans is good when he is in a film with other solid actors (Snowpiercer, Push, Scott Pilgrim). Even with Fantastic Four 1 & 2, he plays a believable troubled playboy.

I like the Bourne movie with Renner and also that commercial where he promotes his band

at some point it would be nice to have honest conversations about these movies instead of the everything is awesome mindset some people have when they see that Marvel logo 

31 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I like the Bourne movie with Renner and also that commercial where he promotes his band

at some point it would be nice to have honest conversations about these movies instead of the everything is awesome mindset some people have when they see that Marvel logo 

dude, that Jeremy renner band commercial is so good right? 

41 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Marvel Studios is the only studio that matters. :whistle:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

The Hurt Locker and Wind River are two solid films where Renner was the lead, and delivered solid performances.

Mark Ruffalo does a great job in supporting roles (Zodiac, Shutter Island, Collateral).

Chris Evans is good when he is in a film with other solid actors (Snowpiercer, Push, Scott Pilgrim). Even with Fantastic Four 1 & 2, he plays a believable troubled playboy.

Well I guess those guys can carry a movie by themselves, then. You know who else can carry a movie? ScarJo.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Yet you're already trashing the Black Widow movie based on a trailer you don't like that has a mostly positive general consensus.