• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVATAR 2 THE WAY OF WATER starring Sam Worthington (2022)
2 2

832 posts in this topic

Disney has officially announced that James Cameron’s epic sequel Avatar: The Way Of Water will be available to own on all Digital platforms on March 28, 2023.  Physical media details have not yet been announced. The magnificent return to the world of Pandora has already proved to be both a commercial and critical smash hit, becoming the third highest-grossing film of all-time earning over $2.2 billion worldwide and receiving four Academy Award® nominations, including Best Picture.

Fans can add the film to their digital movie collection in spectacular 4K Ultra HD™ quality and immersive Dolby Atmos audio. Plus, they can enjoy over three hours of never-before-seen bonus content featuring the filmmakers, cast and crew. Get the details below!

On 3/18/2023 at 2:06 PM, Bosco685 said:

It's amazing what a film can still do that is made to be a general crowd pleaser, and is given breathing room to have a theatrical run, and is not rushed to proprietary streaming services.

If Disney wants to keep making money on this film, then should not just put it on D+, which is just money moving pockets.  They should let have a VOD release, and let there be a bidding war to stream it for say a 2 year period, before it is moved to D+.

Edited by drotto

On 3/19/2023 at 2:07 PM, Bosco685 said:

Cameronverse_BO.thumb.PNG.ac0e69c00bd593b81fc3aa2cf8392124.PNG

Top10_BO_WW.thumb.PNG.864f6d7fcff94ab2734dd4c279c9465b.PNG

"Nobody cares about a 13-year old film!"

:shiftyeyes:

I'm not going to lie, I was a doubter as to how well this film would do.  I didn't like the first one and I won't be seeing this one (however with 2.3 billion in ticket sales I'm one of the few who hasn't, lol).  I'll give Cameron his props, he knows how to deliver a money maker for sure.  Now in saying that I will not be seeing any of the next 20 that I'm sure he and Disney have lined up, but I am sure they will be 2+ billion dollar movies as well.