• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVATAR 2 THE WAY OF WATER starring Sam Worthington (2022)
2 2

832 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2023 at 2:48 PM, sledgehammer said:

So what were you talking about when you said this, in reference to it??

"So the ticket sales rates are based on 2-D results. BOM would have to guesstimate 3-D theater distribution at a point in time."

LMFAO.

Ok, I'm done. Odds are Mike will give me points for engaging him this much as it is.

Grading contest is starting this week.

If anyone can decipher this sentence for me by PM, I'd appreciate it.

K? thx.

hm

On 1/22/2023 at 4:00 PM, sledgehammer said:

Ok, I'm done. Odds are Mike will give me points for engaging him this much as it is.

Grading contest is starting this week.

If anyone can decipher this sentence for me by PM, I'd appreciate it.

K? thx.

hm

I think it best we both move along, as all you are doing now is digging deeper to flame up a fight. Not have a conversation. And meanwhile I offered you credible reference points to reflect on later.

But good talk!

:cheers:

On 1/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, WolverineX said:

Wow! Still, crazy to read how massive Cameron's movie has become, and still going.

The mega-achievement was presaged ahead of the weekend with the global gross on the 20th Century Studios/Disney sequel now $2.024B through Sunday. That includes $1.426B from overseas turnstiles. This means that offshore, Way of Water has become the No. 4 title of all time, jumping past Avengers: Infinity War and behind only Avatar, Avengers: Endgame and Titanic. This gives Cameron bragging rights to three of the top four movies ever at the international box office.

On a worldwide basis, Way of Water remains the No. 6 film ever, with the Na’vi next set on leap-frogging Infinity War and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. When that happens later this week, the epic sci-fi adventure will become the No. 4 movie of all time globally – and give Cameron three of the top four.

On 1/25/2023 at 1:23 PM, kimik said:

Wow. I did not think it would be able to hit $2B worldwide, which is amazing. Cameron = bank.

Maybe one day I will check it out when it is streaming for free.

What is even crazier is Avatar 2 is all of $6M away from matching Avengers: Infinity War.

• Box Office Mojo Worldwide Total Top 6 (Avatar 2 not updated yet)

01_Avatar_BOM.thumb.JPG.55c5790b90c079297ccba001bbcb4450.JPG

• TheNumbers Avatar 2 current box office total

01_Avatar_TN.JPG.280782bd46cd3eea061d720b9ed842f4.JPG

How did that happen with all the chatter here was that this film wasn't even going to break $1B? :whatthe:

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/25/2023 at 1:54 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

This got a best picture nomination??

Congrats to Cameron, the guy is a goldmine when it comes to film.

It got a Oscar's are in deep spoon nomination, so let's nominate a few actually popular movies so maybe somebody will watch.  No chance it wins however.

On 1/25/2023 at 4:48 PM, drotto said:

It got a Oscar's are in deep spoon nomination, so let's nominate a few actually popular movies so maybe somebody will watch.  No chance it wins however.

It was *so amazing* to watch Cameron (rightfully) lose Best Picture for the original Avatar to his ex-wife.