• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

You got confused somewhere along the way.

I don't think so Chuck. But your posts confuse me.

Someone says you could poop in a box labelled Star Wars and it would make money. You counter that the director of Solo would disagree,  therefore implying Solo didn't make money. I could have responded ''opinion, not fact" to your statement, as you are not Ron Howard. 

When I point this out you say you didnt say Solo did badly, but that it didn't live up to expectations. Since when is not living up to expectations a good thing? It's bad isn't it?

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

:roflmao:

Average forum dissenter - “TLJ is a bad movie and here’s why I think so.”

Chucktator - ‘RAH!  Fanboy racist hater website hackers!  Dollars and Disney and Ryan Johnson and exit polls! Opinions as facts, facts as opinions, cats and dogs!’

To be totally fair, he's full of it. 

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

To be totally fair, he's full of it. 

And there it is.

Haven't said a word to you since you texted me not to over a year ago.

But you couldn't help yourself, could you?

The troll is unmasked for everyone to see.

Your little passive aggressive word bombs don't bother me. I see right through you.

And rather than waste my time with it. I'll just put you on ignore. 

On 7/27/2018 at 5:12 PM, Ares said:

will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill,

That little detail news they snuck in is probably the biggest news for the next Star Wars film.

Yep, that was a no-brainer he was coming back. Luke coming back will make a whole lot of Star Wars unhappy fans happy again or him coming back will entice just enough fans to go see it to get them one more huge box office,

Star Wars fans surprised by Mark Hamill’s return in Episode IX

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/28/star-wars-fans-surprised-mark-hamills-return-episode-ix-luke-skywalker-come-back-7770593/

Hamill’s return particularly has left some wondering how Luke Skywalker could come back following events in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which (spoiler alert)

Spoiler

saw the Jedi master’s body disappear after battling Kylo Ren using a projection of himself.

29 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I don't think so Chuck. But your posts confuse me.

And I explained it to you. What is it that's confusing you?

Someone says you could poop in a box labelled Star Wars and it would make money. You counter that the director of Solo would disagree,  therefore implying Solo didn't make money.

No. That's not what it implies at all. It means what I said it means.

You're confused - you ask me - I tell you. End of story.

If you want to go on believing it meant what YOU think it meant - that's YOUR issue, not mine.

I could have responded ''opinion, not fact" to your statement, as you are not Ron Howard. 

When I point this out you say you didnt say Solo did badly, but that it didn't live up to expectations. Since when is not living up to expectations a good thing? It's bad isn't it?

Not living up to expectations is not considered a good thing for movies with multi million dollar budgets. It does NOT however, imply that it didn't make money.

3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

That little detail news they snuck in is probably the biggest news for the next Star Wars film.

Yep, that was a no-brainer he was coming back. Luke coming back will make a whole lot of Star Wars unhappy fans happy again or him coming back will entice just enough fans to go see it to get them one more huge box office,

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/28/star-wars-fans-surprised-mark-hamills-return-episode-ix-luke-skywalker-come-back-7770593/

Hamill’s return particularly has left some wondering how Luke Skywalker could come back following events in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which (spoiler alert)

Hide contents

saw the Jedi master’s body disappear after battling Kylo Ren using a projection of himself.

In my opinion, Episode IX will be almost as big, if not bigger than VII at the box office.

3 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

And I explained it to you. What is it that's confusing you?

No. That's not what it implies at all. It means what I said it means.

You're confused - you ask me - I tell you. End of story.

If you want to go on believing it meant what YOU think it meant - that's YOUR issue, not mine.

Not living up to expectations is not considered a good thing for movies with multi million dollar budgets. It does NOT however, imply that it didn't make money.

Ok. I'll leave it at that now Flippers arrived. 

Don't forget to check out my Archie pence thread Chuck. 

Cheerio 

11 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

And there it is.

Haven't said a word to you since you texted me not to over a year ago.

But you couldn't help yourself, could you?

The troll is unmasked for everyone to see.

Your little passive aggressive word bombs don't bother me. I see right through you.

And rather than waste my time with it. I'll just put you on ignore. 

Really. Lets hear some more facts about Stan Lee and Jack Kirby or lets see you dispute any of your friends publicly when they present opinion as fact.

What happened to you? You used to be an OK guy.

7 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

In my opinion, Episode IX will be almost as big, if not bigger than VII at the box office.

I think it has a chance to be bigger. If it course corrects and gets the tone back I think it will get more repeat business for sure.

13 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Reveal hidden contents

Did anyone doubt they'd have Luke back? I think everyone assumed it...the way they had Obi Wan, and Yoda, and Anakin, etc etc. back. I thought it was a given without a doubt. 

12 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Really. Lets hear some more facts about Stan Lee and Jack Kirby

I have facts AND opinions. I can determine the difference.

r lets see you dispute any of your friends publicly when they present opinion as fact.

It's already happened. People don't always like it, but if you're going to tell me the earth is flat, and I dispute it, and you get mad, well....so be it.

I've had a loaded gun put to my face three times in my life, I have yet to get a reaction from anyone at a comic book show that comes anywhere close to that.

But if that's a veiled threat.... hey, I'll make sure I'm well prepared next time I come to Chicago.

What happened to you? You used to be an OK guy.

That’s your opinion, not fact.

You told me to F off and not talk to you anymore.

I didn’t talk to you anymore.

Then you come in here and make a comment that I’m full of it.

So who’s the ok guy?

1 minute ago, Chuck Gower said:

I believe in JJ Abrams!

It will make for a better movie...to be sure, however...

pump.gif.7d399a67ecfee0544666a7dba9ef282e.gif

1 minute ago, RedRaven said:

What is the argument here? I wish to understand the point of contention without having to work for it (in other words, read the thread).

A large group of people believes the earth is flat. Does that make it true?

6 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

I have facts AND opinions. I can determine the difference.

It's already happened. People don't always like it, but if you're going to tell me the earth is flat, and I dispute it, and you get mad, well....so be it.

I've had a loaded gun put to my face three times in my life, I have yet to get a reaction from anyone at a comic book show that comes anywhere close to that.

But if that's a veiled threat.... hey, I'll make sure I'm well prepared next time I come to Chicago.

That’s your opinion, not fact.

You told me to F off and not talk to you anymore.

I didn’t talk to you anymore.

Then you come in here and make a comment that I’m full of it.

So who’s the ok guy?

Oh good lord...veiled threat? Where?

I don't have a lot of regrets in this hobby, befriending you for a time is one of them.