• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIRDS OF PREY starring Margot Robbie (2020?)
1 1

1,068 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I'm still thinking this film is not for me. Not yet, anyway.

But if you watch that video above, the reviewer seems like a reasonable film fan and felt like it brought a lot of action and compared it to Deadpool. That sounds like a potential interesting film.

Though I think he also mentioned one of the key messages is 'GIRL POWER'. Which may mean it is strongly appealing to that female audience that has lagged behind males many times with the comic book genre. That is part of why Gene Simone is even more excited about this film.

I can go for some of that! :takeit:

Sometimes watching stuff like that makes me feel like our girlfriends and wives felt when we made them watch superman! I mean he's tough and all, but hes still a man in tights kind of feel...

If that makes sense :shy:

lol

I just have no interest in seeing this movie.  I actually enjoyed Suicide Squad so I was hoping it had that vibe but it just seems to fall flat every time I see the preview.

9 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I just have no interest in seeing this movie.  I actually enjoyed Suicide Squad so I was hoping it had that vibe but it just seems to fall flat every time I see the preview.

I was reading an interview recently where Margot Robbie was asked why she went with Birds of Prey versus Gotham City Sirens, with the latter already kicking off early scripting. She shared that she was reading the Birds of Prey comic books from Gail Simone and was so impressed how it reached out to female readers, that locked her in to put a stop to GCS and move forward with BOP. Especially how BOP was female-heavy while the GCS would have involved a mix of male and female characters.

So I have to hand it to her putting that much thought into a decision based on the source material and how it reaches out to female fans. It's risky, but maybe not. As that part of the comic book genre at times lags behind with theater attendance.