• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your favorite "Strong Man" or "Strong Woman," and why?
2 2

121 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Batman said:

Probably because this thread is who's your favorite strong man/woman, not which character has the biggest appetite...

If you can eat a planet, you can consume any enemy, thereby defeating them. Pretty strong imo

Plus have you seen his hat? He puts the Pope to shame with that sucker.

But for normal-sized, non-planet eating characters-- I still go with Thor.

3 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

If you can eat a planet, you can consume any enemy, thereby defeating them. Pretty strong imo

Who's the strongest woman? Wonder Woman or Modern Age Supergirl?

1 hour ago, comics4all said:

I was gonna say PG but isn't she Supergirl from another universe?

I think she is an older version of Supergirl from an alternate universe. But she must be stronger - look at the size of those muscles! :whatthe:

8 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

I think she is an older version of Supergirl from an alternate universe. But she must be stronger - look at the size of those muscles! :whatthe:

Originally, she was a younger version from Earth 2. These days, who knows. She might be a clone from Earth 25467 today. Tomorrow, she'll get a new origin.

4 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Originally, she was a younger version from Earth 2. These days, who knows. She might be a clone from Earth 25467 today. Tomorrow, she'll get a new origin.

Yup.  Very confused history. At one point she was retconned to be related to Arion of Atlantis, from the 80s comic book.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

Of course, when I was a lot younger this was my favorite strong woman, or should I say girl (not sure if she was ever in a comic).

05g7aKK2.jpg

Pippilongstocking? She was awesome :)

14 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Of course, when I was a lot younger this was my favorite strong woman, or should I say girl (not sure if she was ever in a comic).

05g7aKK2.jpg

I was going to suggest Jane Foster Thor, but, fair enough, it's a poor second to this.

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, 01TheDude said:

Superman could take Thor.

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:33 AM, comics4all said:

Who's the strongest woman? Wonder Woman or Modern Age Supergirl?

Supergirl. However Wonder Woman would probably outmatch her through experience.

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:00 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Seems as though the old Supergirl or in the past was a weaker version. I'm not too familiar with the modern version, other than the TV show, which is decent enough action :) 

Post-Crisis Supergirl was touted as being stronger than Superman when she first crash landed on Earth. Although that was probably due to Superman having more control and being able to pull his punches.

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:03 AM, Black_Adam said:

Power Girl!

JUN050341._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Probably not ;) 

Edited by Batman

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:40 AM, Sludgesicle Man said:

I'm gonna have to go with Bane.  Not only is he a "Strong Man", but he's also brilliant.  Plus, I was child of the 90's and Knightfall was so cool.

He exhausted an already very sick Batman, by loosing all the Arkham inmates, before he took him on in a fight. Brilliant cowardice...