• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie #50 CGC 3.5 $600 - Free Shipping SOLD CLOSED
1 1

120 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Given how sure you were that the seller here violated them I was positive that you knew what they were....

And I never said seller violated anything.

My interpretation of 1st "I'll take it wins" was 1st post on the boards stating such.

I haven't been here nearly as long as you and I have much to learn.

Thank you for clarifying that PM "I'll take its" are perfectly acceptable and trump public "I'll take its" if time stamp indicates it was first.

I had no idea...

7 minutes ago, icefires said:

Thanks.

I read all 17 rules. Which one applies to PMs?

I can't find it.

There isn't one, which means we can't make one up that communications in thread are superior.

When the rules are silent it defaults to seller's terms. 

Seller's terms were FIRST and not IN THREAD.

He didn't violate board rules.

He didn't violate his own rules. 

3 minutes ago, icefires said:

Thanks.

I can't find it.

That's the whole point. There is no rule stating that a thread vs a PM :takeit: trumps the other, It's up to the seller.

Since the seller said the first :takeit: wins, without saying the takeit in the thread trumps PM, then the first :takeit:, which came via PM won.

3 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

If the seller says first :takeit: wins, how could you possibly think it goes to dem? ??? 

Miraclemet has proven that he took it first

:screwy: 

Exactly.

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:
8 minutes ago, icefires said:

Thanks.

I can't find it.

There isn't one, which means we can't make one up that communications in thread are superior.

When the rules are silent it defaults to seller's terms. 

Seller's terms were FIRST and not IN THREAD.

He didn't violate board rules.

He didn't violate his own rules. 

:idea:

Clearly Miraclemet's book.

Anyone that wants to put up a stink about it needs to check their moral compass.

18 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

You can feel free to run your sales threads in any way you see fit. 

What you can't do is impose your way of doing business on how other people choose to do business within the rules of these boards.

The time stamp is settled practice and is the fairest possible way to see who got in first, who committed first, and who gets the book. The rest is, frankly, the second one through the door attempting to lawyer the thread to his advantage and create language and rules that don't exist. AKA Sour Grapes, and it's garbage that this seller has to feel pressured and cornered into changing the equitable and fully justified manner in which he ran his thread and determined the new owner of the book. 

^^

25 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

sellers should have a return policy, payment terms, shipping costs and where they will ship, who gets the book when there is a dispute

I don't care who gets the book. Hey @Holmes, throw the darn thing up for auction here on the boards. C'mon boys, it'll be fun!

But I agree about having rules clearly stated. Whatever those ryles may be...

Just now, TheFifthHorseman said:

I don't care who gets the book. Hey @Holmes, throw the darn thing up for auction here on the boards. C'mon boys, it'll be fun!

But I agree about having rules clearly stated. Whatever those ryles may be...

thirdgreenham posted them a few posts back.

51 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

And yes, the seller felt pressured to sell it to dem. 100% 

He did?  Did he tell you that directly or did you decide that for him?  I wrote on this thread that it was his book and he could sell it to who he wanted to.  We also PMd and he gave it some thought and came to his own decision.   You wrote "100%" as if you know for certain that he felt this way, but if you don't, then you should apologize.  Thanks.