• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie #50 CGC 3.5 $600 - Free Shipping SOLD CLOSED
1 1

120 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, comix4fun said:
1 hour ago, dem1138 said:

I will PM the seller and offer to cancel the sale and return the book. He’s already shipped it to me but if he at all feels like he made a mistake or was pressured into selling it to me then he can certainly have it back and he can again sell it to whomever he wants. 

Thanks 

That's an appreciated, mature, and courteous response to the discussion. 

58 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

dem, its yours. lets move on.

everyone just treat this like those friendly threads where a buyer passes a book along to the second fastest take it as a friendly gesture.

An equally mature and courteous response. 

You guys are going to disappoint late comers who just got their torches out of storage. 

Yeah, I hated to see the thread take a turn towards graciousness and civility.

My own 1.8 cents:  I always thought the default was time stamp wins ... but since a lot of people feel obliged to state the point explicitly in their threads, I guess it's not exactly uniformly understood to be the default (or people wouldn't have to state it).

4 hours ago, icefires said:

Thanks to everyone for clearing this up for me.

My opinion was clearly wrong.

I learned something tonight. Opinions can be wrong. I thought opinions are like buttons.....everyone has one. All different but none are wrong. I stand corrected. 

Man, if I had a dollar for every time someone excused poor behavior in this hobby as "Hey, it's just comics, nothing to get worked up about." I'd have enough for several Golden Age Archie Fap Books. 

I'd say they were missing the point, but that would assume they weren't missing the point intentionally. 

Seriously though, the people that think the rules of fair play, ethics, morals, and maturity don't apply in comics, I have found, are usually doing so to allow themselves to behave in a way that I wouldn't allow my teenage kids to act. 

Edited by comix4fun

35 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Man, if I had a dollar for every time someone excused poor behavior in this hobby as "Hey, it's just comics, nothing to get worked up about." I'd have enough for several Golden Age Archie Fap Books. 

I'd say they were missing the point, but that would assume they weren't missing the point intentionally. 

Seriously though, the people that think the rules of fair play, ethics, morals, and maturity don't apply in comics, I have found, are usually doing so to allow themselves to behave in a way that I wouldn't allow my teenage kids to act. 

So I just got off work, picked up a cool Action 252, went for a quick climb on the elliptical and wanted to check back here quick to see what had unfolded. I totally agree with you but what is more interesting even than that is that I...

Just noticed where your location says you are and literally LOLd because that is AWESOME!!! ?