• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats a GA book everyone wants, that means noting to you?
6 6

198 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I would NEVER buy this book and sell it IMMEDIATELY if I came into possession of one.

7928.jpg

With all the mega-classics, odds are I'd be forced to sell only because I'd have a better use for that much $. So for me the only answer is I need to find TWO of any given key. One to keep, one to sell!

On 2/2/2018 at 11:35 PM, catman76 said:

Almost every one that everyone wants, I can't even think of an exception off the top of my head I have any interest in. Action 1, Detective 27, all those "keys" I have no interest in. Also, while not golden age, the first ones I thought of were the "log" issue of Gunsmoke or whatever it is and the Archie "beat off" cover. I absolutely hate that those are popular at all and people make a big deal out of them.

I can't help you out with the "log" (Richard can) but I could dig up a mid-grade "Beat off" around here somewhere...

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I should be ashamed of myself I know, but there is something just off the hook about books like this...:devil:

comrifleman10.jpg

combetty&me16.jpg

comeh4.jpg

commilliemodel40.jpg

Every time i see that Betty and Me i start humming that Michael Jackson song 

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I should be ashamed of myself I know, but there is something just off the hook about books like this...:devil:

comrifleman10.jpg

combetty&me16.jpg

comeh4.jpg

commilliemodel40.jpg

The Betty and Me might have been innocent at the time. Hard to tell because we know how some in the industry did like to insert things but I’m willing to give that one a benefit of a doubt at least.

We know for a fact what that issue of Eh was saying. They used a visual way to purposely say what the censors wouldn’t allow them to print. Not innocent.

Now I don’t care what year it was when that Rifleman Comic was released but there’s no way in hell they didn’t realize that that picture was wrong on so many levels. No one I know who reads or doesn’t read comics has thought that cover was not done intentionally. 

On February 4, 2018 at 3:59 PM, Gotham Kid said:

I would NEVER buy this book and sell it IMMEDIATELY if I came into possession of one.

7928.jpg

If I ever found myself in the position of being able to own big, golden age keys, I would value Marvel #1 more than any other comic bar none.

On 2/6/2018 at 2:44 AM, N e r V said:

The Betty and Me might have been innocent at the time. Hard to tell because we know how some in the industry did like to insert things but I’m willing to give that one a benefit of a doubt at least.

We know for a fact what that issue of Eh was saying. They used a visual way to purposely say what the censors wouldn’t allow them to print. Not innocent.

Now I don’t care what year it was when that Rifleman Comic was released but there’s no way in hell they didn’t realize that that picture was wrong on so many levels. No one I know who reads or doesn’t read comics has thought that cover was not done intentionally. 

You can tell by the grins on both faces the Rifleman boys were yukking it up. EH! #4 is a great example and pretty overt, but Betty and Me #16 absolutely wasn't innocent, they knew exactly what they were highlighting; just couldn't go any further on an Archie cover.

On 2/7/2018 at 12:44 PM, sagii said:

My absolute favorite of the Beat off covers, and double entendres abound here and not nice terms. 

And the line he says before beat off , that they're 'always :censored:'

How did they let that one slip?

War Heroes #1.jpg

I would give this one the benefit of the doubt before Betty and Me #16; apart from the obvious potential in the word choices, there's nothing whatsoever titillating about the cover. Unless war can serve as a kinky turn-on, that is.