• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

J. C. Leyendecker

20 posts in this topic

I know it's not comic related, but I need the wisdom of the GA forum. 

I am looking for a complete list of Leyendecker covers that he did for the Saturday Evening Post but I can not find it anywhere. 

Even the SEP web page only shows 150 or so out of the 322 covers he did. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

15 hours ago, adamstrange said:

The complete listing of his covers is in this excellent book.  It includes an image gallery of all of them.

https://www.amazon.com/J-C-Leyendecker-American-Laurence-Cutler/dp/0810995212/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1518297848&sr=1-1&keywords=j.c.+leyendecker

Do you have this book? If so, could you check it for me? 

I have the book and if you have a specific question I'll try and answer it.

41 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

I have the book and if you have a specific question I'll try and answer it.

If you can post a pic of the Saturday Evening Post gallery pages, that would be great. 

I need to put together a complete list of the covers he did. I only need to see the cover date of every issue. 

19 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I'm afraid I'm of no help, but I thought I would take advantage of your thread to post this cover of his that I purchased on the boards a while back. 

IMG_1098.jpg

What a great cover and signature. One of the best American illustrators of all time. Side note, anybody ever hitchhike? Me and a buddy hitchiked across the US and all over Europe back in my younger days. Never had a problem or gave one. What a feeling of freedom. Best time of my life. You just couldn't do that now days...

5 hours ago, marmat said:

If you can post a pic of the Saturday Evening Post gallery pages, that would be great. 

I need to put together a complete list of the covers he did. I only need to see the cover date of every issue. 

You could also look at this site.

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/artists-gallery/saturday-evening-post-cover-artists/jc-leyendecker-art-gallery

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

What a great cover and signature. One of the best American illustrators of all time. Side note, anybody ever hitchhike? Me and a buddy hitchiked across the US and all over Europe back in my younger days. Never had a problem or gave one. What a feeling of freedom. Best time of my life. You just couldn't do that now days...

You're not originally from Canada are you? :baiting:

IMG_5340.GIF

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

You could if you don’t mind visiting a wood chipper at the end... :nyah:

2E7A8137-6A39-4475-8AB0-00156DD41751.jpeg.945b9fd453370fd8bbabae9051377a49.jpeg