• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

So true.   The percentage of people who actually read the stuff in between the covers is pretty low here.   The reason I am in this hobby, is I like reading the stories, and looking at the various art styles.  Most of the people on the Modern boards are more about getting that lemming-hyped variant, putting it in a sealed case, and oogling over the latest sales price on ebay.   Well LA-DEE-FRIGGIN-DAA!

CBR's forum is much much better for discussing modern comics (for the stories). This place is great for discussing vintage comics and I especially enjoy getting the perspectives of those who read them off the stands back in the 60's and 70's. There's a great forum on classiccomics.org for older stuff, too, but it's more information and not so much lively back-and-forth discussion. 

Edited by Martin Sinescu

3 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

CBR's forum is much much better for discussing modern comics (for the stories). This place is great for discussing vintage comics and I especially enjoy getting the perspectives of those who read them off the stands back in the 60's and 70's. There's a great forum on classiccomics.org for older stuff, too, but it's more information and not so much lively back-and-forth discussion. 

Didn’t CBR get sold last year and was turned into a clickbate site?

I haven’t been back to their forums in years. Did they survive unchanged?

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Didn’t CBR get sold last year and was turned into a clickbate site?

I haven’t been back to their forums in years. Did they survive unchanged?

The forums are fine, but I never go to the CBR homepage, so that aspect of it may be carp. I check the DC Hardcover thread almost daily to see what's coming out and see what other folks are reading. That crowd has gotten me interested in titles I wouldn't have wanted to read in a million years.

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

The influx of new members has been a positive for these Boards , one new member (class of 2015) in particular has the most amazing sales threads ever ! if anyone has missed out on these sales they are missing out on one of the greatest features of these boards ... even if they are buyers or not a GREAT SALES THREAD is a thing of beauty to behold...

Another GREAT new member (class of 2013)  was a much needed lifeblood here and a breath of fresh air with amazing Comic artistry knowledge and background ...alas @kav  was driven away by the old school guard whose presence on these boards was and still is an EXTREME detriment to all new member who dare have their own opinion,... the ignore function has been a Godsend but it can only help so much against the old guard who still believe they own these boards

MANY of the newer class of members who have joined since 2013 have been constantly belittled by senior members, many of us have received posts with masked profanity, and other times thinly veiled or outright personal attacks ,we have been targeted by group cliques who are completely intolerant of opinions different than their own, we can't even root for our favorite super bowl team without being intranet bullied by senior members..

Thank GOD the worst of these old school offenders hang primarily in the water cooler so venture there at your own risk , but they still often find their way into comics general

I dont think that's very fair to say. Senior members have for sure been more inviting within the past few years, you should have been around in the early days.

The influx of new members has been a positive for these Boards , one new member (class of 2015) in particular has the most amazing sales threads ever ! if anyone has missed out on these sales they are missing out on one of the greatest features of these boards ... even if they are buyers or not a GREAT SALES THREAD is a thing of beauty to behold...

Another GREAT new member (class of 2013)  was a much needed lifeblood here and a breath of fresh air with amazing Comic artistry knowledge and background ...alas @kav  was driven away by the old school guard whose presence on these boards was and still is an EXTREME detriment to all new member who dare have their own opinion,... the ignore function has been a Godsend but it can only help so much against the old guard who still believe they own these boards

MANY of the newer class of members who have joined since 2013 have been constantly belittled by senior members, many of us have received posts with masked profanity, and other times thinly veiled or outright personal attacks ,we have been targeted by group cliques who are completely intolerant of opinions different than their own, we can't even root for our favorite super bowl team without being intranet bullied by senior members..

Thank GOD the worst of these old school offenders hang primarily in the water cooler so venture there at your own risk , but they still often find their way into comics general

The fact that this post wasn't torn to shreds immediately with memes and gifs is precisely why this forum sucks now.

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:
9 hours ago, seanfingh said:

With Squidmo animated .gifs, random Stu and Bug participation, memes, pernts, hitting the notify button on yourself, meltdowns, set-ups, conspiracies, pressing, wife-stealing, scam-busting, special needs salesmen, Diggler's hottie file, homoeroticism, cults of personality, Fleeanimation, Strawberry Shortcake thread bumping, how-to diagrams, balloon animals and high hilarity.

Sigh,i'd buy those days like a pre code whoore comic.

Pro code whoore - get it right. :sumo: and :baiting: 

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Instead of endlessly complaining about other people, the answer is the same as it has ever been, for everyone: make better, more logical, more rational, more reasonable, more coherent arguments, and don't be so easily offended so often by so many. Those who claim that other people are intolerant, who "constantly argue", who "always think they're right", and who are "bullies", are almost always, if not always, the ones most guilty of those things themselves. 

If one finds themselves constantly upset when confronted by those with different opinions, perhaps the intolerant one isn't those other people...

I have to say, most jokingly, because I love you RMA, how did that work out for you?  :baiting: 

29 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I dont think that's very fair to say. Senior members have for sure been more inviting within the past few years, you should have been around in the early days.

too true - you need Deathlok whumpin' on you every post you make and Divad sending you FU pms.  Still got a few of 'em :cloud9: 

25 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
30 minutes ago, COI said:

The fact that this post wasn't torn to shreds immediately with memes and gifs is precisely why this forum sucks now.

The mods have taken our balls away, now all we have here are pu**ies.

Ouch - but so true.  I got demerits a couple months ago for posting youtube videos of Robert Crumb's band and Dennis Leary.

:sorry: for the castration...., :sorry: 

7 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
10 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Pro code whoore - get it right. :sumo: and :baiting: 

It was a typo..I left my glasses in the back of the dateless nerd wagon....:hi:

24gdrx.gif

14 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I have to say, most jokingly, because I love you RMA, how did that work out for you?  :baiting: 

Just fine, and always has. That those with power get offended doesn't change the truth of my statement.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus
Blowie is a dork