• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, The Resurrection said:

This place is what you make it. But when you constantly have some of these guys just kicking up dust, then it loses some luster.

Maybe you just gotta know how to act.

I was a longtime member of the All Pink Floyd Fan Network (APFFN) forum back 15 years ago...when I was 16! On dial up lol

3 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

This place is what you make it. But when you constantly have some of these guys just kicking up dust, then it loses some luster.

Lustre :baiting:

1 minute ago, The Resurrection said:

Broken Pencil < Pencil full of lead.. 

hm

Just now, TheFifthHorseman said:

I was a longtime member of the All Pink Floyd Fan Network (APFFN) forum back 15 years ago...when I was 16! On dial up lol

Oh, believe me. I know how to act. I have made some of these guys lose their minds and have tantrum status melt downs. @seanfingh do you remember my constant trolling of Roy back in the day?

2 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

The old dial up noise actually sounded a bit like the Floyd. 

8 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Half the landing page would disappear if that were the criteria!

lol I am being self protective. ccgmod1 would love to keep plastering my name on that thing...not that I deserve it or anything like that or anything....

2 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Oh, believe me. I know how to act. I have made some of these guys lose their minds and have tantrum status melt downs.

I know you do! I meant they.

I don't think I could ever have a meltdown online, or at all. What would that accomplish?! Nada

1 minute ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

I know you do! I meant they.

I don't think I could ever have a meltdown online, or at all. What would that accomplish?! Nada

To quite the great T.O "Get ya Popcorn" lol  it was typically for amusement, and to prove some people were just jerks.

2 hours ago, Architecht said:

Would it help to create  a sub forum of some sort based around story discussions? It might feel a little like the movies sub forum. I could see focusing it a few different ways:

1. Threads about the story line of anything newly released
  2. Threads about any story line that you are currently reading right now
  3. Other?

Enough with the boring stuff. What we really want to know is why did you hold Paradise Comics submissions for a full year? :nyah:

26 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

who are you? are you even serious? Do you know how many of the "old guard" paid for funerals, replaced burned down houses, helped members when they lost their homes, gave money to those who were in NEED, and NEVER asked for even a thank you! You want to talk about the character of those men and women like you are capable of telling your hole from the one in the ground? Are some of the guys a bit snarky, yes, do they like that the sense of community has lessened in time? Yes. But I am shocked that a guy who has been here for such a short time knows SOOO much about what made this place to begin with. Even I missed some of the best times on this board, and yes we are a little reserved in who we take in after countless scammers, frauds, and thieves have made their way in over the years? Damn, there are reasons for things and maybe if you listened more you would understand why people are the way they are. I wish the "old guard" would come back because alot of those people were good people and are missed, especially when they provided some awesome conversation.

I want to give this post a months worth of like.jpg.1b815f9f2323c3d4a8029124a1279cc9.jpg

2 hours ago, kidcolt said:

I joined in 2005 and would visit here at least 5 times a day and my post count is still just 4211. Comix4fun joined in 2002 and has a post count of 40,3018. Roy Vintagecomics joined in 2004 and has a count post of 89,027. My question is what the heck do you post about to get this many post. They must respond to even their own post lol WOW!!!

40,000 posts is not that much. It's around 7 a day if you broke it down. However, you could have several dozen posts in a sales thread in a single day. Then there are the scammers, pitched battles in the probation area, the funny meme-offs, animated gif fests, dringenberg "for eBay" threads, talking about new movies and how much they sucked/ruled, talking about new comics and how much they sucked/ruled, talking about auction results and how much they sucked/ruled......

Really, if you think about it, I've been slacking at 40,000 posts. 

1 minute ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

The early stuff, yes! Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast was a essentially a man cooking a morning meal

Marmalade; I like marmalade.

Back OT: it's deadest I've noticed it over the ~2 yrs I've been here.  But I've seen similar life-cycles on other message boards, probably the next phase we see will be another spurt of growth and not death.

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

40,000 posts is not that much. It's around 7 a day if you broke it down. However, you could have several dozen posts in a sales thread in a single day. Then there are the scammers, pitched battles in the probation area, the funny meme-offs, animated gif fests, dringenberg "for eBay" threads, talking about new movies and how much they sucked/ruled, talking about new comics and how much they sucked/ruled, talking about auction results and how much they sucked/ruled......

Really, if you think about it, I've been slacking at 40,000 posts. 

You'll never beat Roy. He's the Chuck Norris of post counts...