• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, deadleg said:

That is hilarious!  Kids are all gone - I may have to watch it all night long....., lol

Edited by lizards2

14 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Happy Easter to all of my comic book geeks, weight lifting freaks, and motorcycle peeps. :banana:

One out of three aint bad! You too Doc :headbang:

9 hours ago, TheAvenger80 said:

Just for me, personally, I started to stray with the new board redesign that happened... 2 years ago? I didn't really care for it and it may have coincided with a cycle of me getting not-as-into comics. 

For me it's the reverse. The redesign could have been managed better, sure, but the positive software features far outweigh the negatives once you get used to them. The shame for me is I got back into comics just as this place was slowing down. The people interested in the things I am largely all seem to have moved on based on old posts and threads that I've found. Maybe we've just come to the end of a cycle - there's not much left to say on most things comic related now. Late to the party, alas!

19 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

For me it's the reverse. The redesign could have been managed better, sure, but the positive software features far outweigh the negatives once you get used to them. The shame for me is I got back into comics just as this place was slowing down. The people interested in the things I am largely all seem to have moved on based on old posts and threads that I've found. Maybe we've just come to the end of a cycle - there's not much left to say on most things comic related now. Late to the party, alas!

It feels like the end of a cycle for me. Media intrusion at comic cons. Insane prices for keys. Shipping costs. Ebay flooded with slabbed moderns. In a way it's been a blessing as I've diverted my attention to my books, magazines & records.

45 minutes ago, mrc said:

It feels like the end of a cycle for me. Media intrusion at comic cons. Insane prices for keys. Shipping costs. Ebay flooded with slabbed moderns. In a way it's been a blessing as I've diverted my attention to my books, magazines & records.

Indeed. There's still lots to keep your interest if you look hard enough, but it feels a little solitary at times for me and I do wish I could jump back 20 or 30 years to when comics really were in their heyday and discoveries 'mattered'.  

Still, just back from a long walk in the rain and the first thing I see on ebay is something I've been after for years! So the hobby can still excite :)

turd.thumb.PNG.f13a1edd176ddaa20c56c984659db2bc.PNG

Stewards enquiry, not another turd!

Is it April Fools Day or something!

Oh, hang on. It is isn't it. Or was.  

A respectable 145 points for jslivergannet I see - Greggy must have RSI by now. Can you still be a forumite of the year if you have RSI? hm

Just now, DR.X said:

forumite.jpg

Sooper! I didn't know. Well done (worship)

How did you do it - there wasn't a leaderboard to manipulate back then was there?

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Sooper! I didn't know. Well done (worship)

How did you do it - there wasn't a leaderboard to manipulate back then was there?

Sometimes its what is "never seen" , or talked about on these boards, but sometimes it is. There are some big time generous people on here and they don't need a pat on the back or boasting  rights, they remain silent.  And that does not just include me. Like it says in my profile pics, I move about in the shadows, undetected, and its going to stay that way.

4 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Sometimes its what is "never seen" , or talked about on these boards, but sometimes it is. There are some big time generous people on here and they don't need a pat on the back or boasting  rights, they remain silent.  And that does not just include me. Like it says in my profile pics, I move about in the shadows, undetected, and its going to stay that way.

march madness.jpg :wink: