• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

The total is in...

receipt.thumb.jpeg.b0366eac85578efb0b15f244f3f8740f.jpeg

I can definitley work with this, easily enough to buy up my want list for this trip.

Excellent!  What's on the shrapnel list then?  

2 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

I debated doing a guess the amount contest, but that is your thing, you do it better. 

you should, and everything you buy with the money is used for prizes.  :banana:

20 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

The total is in...

receipt.thumb.jpeg.b0366eac85578efb0b15f244f3f8740f.jpeg

I can definitley work with this, easily enough to buy up my want list for this trip.

wait a minute. :whatthe: they charge you a $31.00 fee for processing. :whatthe: no way. I would have went to the bank and got empty rolls and rolled everything in there and brought it back before I would have paid that fee. thats comic money #101. every dime matters at a con.

4 minutes ago, DR.X said:

wait a minute. :whatthe: they charge you a $31.00 fee for processing. :whatthe: no way. I would have went to the bank and got empty rolls and rolled everything in there and brought it back before I would have paid that fee. thats comic money #101. every dime matters at a con.

Yes, unfortunately.  This was cashed in at the grocery store. My bank also has a coin collection system that deposits right into your checking account and takes only 4 cents on the dollar, but I'ts only available at one branch about 20 minutes away, the grocery store is right around the corner.

1 minute ago, Jimbo749 said:

Yes, unfortunately.  This was cashed in at the grocery store. My bank also has a coin collection system that deposits right into your checking account and takes only 4 cents on the dollar, but I'ts only available at one branch about 20 minutes away, the grocery store is right around the corner.

:makepoint:  what bank charges 4 cents on the dollar. WTF. Just hope you don't run out of money when you find a smoking hot deal and that $36.00 comes back to haunt you. ???

2 minutes ago, DR.X said:

:makepoint:  what bank charges 4 cents on the dollar. WTF. Just hope you don't run out of money when you find a smoking hot deal and that $36.00 comes back to haunt you. ???

4 cents for the convenience of not using the grocery store machine (at 10-11 cents), printing a receipt, taking receipt to customer service and cashing out, taking cash to bank for deposit.

You are right though, roll your owns are always cheaper :nyah:

4 cents for the convenience of not using the grocery store machine (at 10-11 cents), printing a receipt, taking receipt to customer service and cashing out, taking cash to bank for deposit.

just sounds like you need a different bank. my bank does not charge anything for customers to use the coin machine, even though it starts shaking when it sees me walk in with two buckets for my Christmas contest.

Found the photo from your contest... So no service fee for bank customers, but if you are NOT a bank customer you would have lost about $100?

image.thumb.jpeg.c254c07c8e845ee898b3f572a651be40.jpeg.f7727bef96af19ddd46c93bca2d28aff.jpeg

I would make them count it at the counter then. No way I would pay $100.00 for a machine. LOL.

9 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I would make them count it at the counter then. No way I would pay $100.00 for a machine. LOL.

I was just saying the receipt shows two different cash values, customer and non-customer.

Let's hope those service fees don't come back to bite me at the con. Later dude.

47 minutes ago, DR.X said:
49 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

just sounds like you need a different bank. my bank does not charge anything for customers to use the coin machine, even though it starts shaking when it sees me walk in with two buckets for my Christmas contest.

Neither my bank or my credit union charges anything for that.  It's frickin' money.