• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Don't say New Mutants 98 was a glut book and you'll be fine. Never mind that I own 5-8 copies of every issue around it, it was not printed in large numbers...

lol

We live in a relative world, Blobby. Relative to X-Force #1, NM #98...and every issue around it, except #100...was NOT printed in what would be called "large numbers" by the standards of the day.

Perspective. And don't get cranky; you know that's right. ;)

8 hours ago, Architecht said:

Would it help to create  a sub forum of some sort based around story discussions? It might feel a little like the movies sub forum. I could see focusing it a few different ways:

1. Threads about the story line of anything newly released
  2. Threads about any story line that you are currently reading right now
  3. Other?

Yes.  Last month I was looking up information on the current ASM storyline leading to issue 800.  I wanted to discuss it here but realized it would get lost in the clutter of discussing which modern comic is the best to pick up and flip.   I have no problem with the flippers but I figured, why bother as it wouldn't get noticed and no one would discuss it.

I decided not to post the thread and I have not been in moderns since. 

1 hour ago, The Resurrection said:

I have been here for 10 years now and havent achieved "seasoned veteran" BUT I got a custom title from Arch, so that wins.

But it was briefly taken away...and you lost the ...aaaarrrgh! 

I like the boards currently. I'm sure if I'd come here sooner that I'd miss the way it was too. As for the "guests" who may just view, get started now :sumo: and post even if your going to be new. I looked at the boards for several months before joining and you won't know the true experience until your feet are wet. 

Now that I've been deadpool for a minute and broken the 4th wall, we can get back to the regular scheduled program. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Could you imagine  if Nik was still around, and even Dice X, Watson, and FT. They would take half these people apart at the seams, and back then the mods would let lots of stuff run till it just exploded. Back then we all took our lumps when we joined. All of us.  Nowaday's, you just hump the mod button like a woodpecker on a tree if you don't like something.

Life gets in the way lots of times too. I have not been around much the last few years as personal stuff had derailed my life, but I'm still holding on the boards here and there. I might not have posted here about stuff, but always knew I had friends on here to talk with under the radar. I talked to many people on here over the years on the phone, many times. Nothing like chatting with a fellow boardie even just about life in general and personal stuff.

I miss a lot of those old guys, hell I don't know if Foolkiller  has even been around. I always enjoyed his threads and talking with him at wizard. We even had a long discussion about grading over the phone. Had many discussions with FT, Sean, Dice X, and many more. Sometimes I think you have to go around these boards and open up other types of communication with people too. Alright I'm babbling here. Let me go see whats in the ice box.

You know it my man. Hell I even miss Watson.

7 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

You know it my man. Hell I even miss Watson.

:hi:

there were some great threads here back then, and some wild melt downs, but. The Nik/Piglet  flame out to me was the all time classic. It should be made " standard reading " for any newb. I read that thing a dozen times and am in tears every time when he starts with the corn husks as she starts going ape sheet. lol

4 minutes ago, DR.X said:

:hi:

there were some great threads here back then, and some wild melt downs, but. The Nik/Piglet  flame out to me was the all time classic. It should be made " standard reading " for any newb. I read that thing a dozen times and am in tears every time when he starts with the corn husks as she starts going ape sheet. lol

Good times for sure. Nik was a great guy. 

I have a lot of respect for a man who speaks his mind, and Nik never disappointed. 

9 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Good times for sure. Nik was a great guy. 

I have a lot of respect for a man who speaks his mind, and Nik never disappointed. 

Nik was a Great person and board member.  I did not know him personally, but the first books I ever purchased off the boards were from him. Fantastic transaction, communication, and items. I always consider those books the “Nik Pedigree” when I come across them. He is definitely missed. 

1 hour ago, creaturefan95 said:

@lizards2, I think you've got some 'splainin' to do. (tsk)

I am all out of likes and licks - l will come back tomorrow (after a night of creepiness and perversion) and use up my likes and licks on the last four pages of this thread.  And explain nothing.