• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

I have been here for 10 years now and havent achieved "seasoned veteran" BUT I got a custom title from Arch, so that wins.

You are now. :golfclap:

12 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

That fixes that.

Don't get too excited. 

I just went to the Leaderboards again and now G.A.tor is listed as a "Seasoned Veteran" and Roy (VintageComics) is back to being a "Member".

Nice new forum.  lol

G.A.tor-VintageComics.jpg

10 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

One of my new toys has been the online users list. If I sort it, I can see about how many people are signed on with their IDs.  30 people to a page, we have been averaging between 4 and 6 pages since the software change, but tons of "guests" are also online. 

Cool feature, thanks for the heads up.  You can filter out the bots.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/online/?filter=filter_loggedin&sortby=member_name

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Don't get too excited. 

I just went to the Leaderboards again and now G.A.tor is listed as a "Seasoned Veteran" and Roy (VintageComics) is back to being a "Member".

Nice new forum.  lol

G.A.tor-VintageComics.jpg

@The Resurrection

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Cool feature, thanks for the heads up.  You can filter out the bots.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/online/?filter=filter_loggedin&sortby=member_name

Guess what I filtered it by?

SV.thumb.jpg.03b7af97726c66310619dc928cfed10a.jpg

5 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

who are you? are you even serious? Do you know how many of the "old guard" paid for funerals, replaced burned down houses, helped members when they lost their homes, gave money to those who were in NEED, and NEVER asked for even a thank you! You want to talk about the character of those men and women like you are capable of telling your hole from the one in the ground? Are some of the guys a bit snarky, yes, do they like that the sense of community has lessened in time? Yes. But I am shocked that a guy who has been here for such a short time knows SOOO much about what made this place to begin with. Even I missed some of the best times on this board, and yes we are a little reserved in who we take in after countless scammers, frauds, and thieves have made their way in over the years? Damn, there are reasons for things and maybe if you listened more you would understand why people are the way they are. I wish the "old guard" would come back because alot of those people were good people and are missed, especially when they provided some awesome conversation.

BRAVO.:golfclap:

5 hours ago, The Resurrection said:
5 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Can you do away with the Strike thread, and the Dog Like Sparky thing? It is sort of an annoying and useless forum/thread/public shaming punishment thing, whatever you want to call it.

No, that should always be here. 

(thumbsu  It's history so it should stay. 

2 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

I am really thinking of how/when I will be going back. Do you attend any of the conventions?

Consider the Calgary Expo.  Great show and the beautiful Rocky Mountains are less than an hour away.  Lot of cool boardies go, and greggy....

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That see what people are viewing link is a little creepy 2c :shy:

And people want that link but not be as face to face as possible on the boards by being able to like more posts?