• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

The whole "Member" and "Seasoned Veteran" thing seems to constantly be changing. 

I just went to the Leader Board section and Comicopolis with 87,000 posts was listed as a "member".....then I went to a different page and then back to the leader boards, and Comicopolis was then listed as a "Seasoned Veteran".   So who knows? (shrug)

I did manage to capture G.A.tor's status with the "member" designation and with 57,000 posts:

I think it changes depending on what screen you're in Domo. Not a big deal, just a cosmetic annoyance. What's more questionable is that SVs get more likes than members. Very unfair, regardless of the reasons given. 

9 hours ago, the blob said:

skypinkblu is a saint of a lady.  stop that creepy british stuff, it is disturbing. 

I'm sure she is blob. I've seen many words of praise and respect for her from her circle of friends and I'm sure we'd get along fine if we found some common ground. I don't think the Doctor is at all creepy personally. Those that do are, well..., creepy :cool:

8 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Maybe you should stop worrying about what *I* like.  I have zero idea whether you have ever liked one of my posts;) and I've never seen you post a comic (that I can remember).

I only responded to your question SPB, you wanted to know why I wanted more likes. I get the impression you've never liked me (see what I did there?) from the first time that you and Harvey threw me under the bus when I was a new inexperienced member trying to find my feet, to your passive aggressive digs when I was vocal about board issues last year.

I think your comment that you've 'never seen me post a comic' is very inaccurate and unfair and indicative of unfounded hostility. Take a look at the 'about me' page on my profile, and look at some of the threads I've created and the hundreds, if not thousands of comic images I've posted within them. 

You'll see that I have brought a huge body of information to the boards, from detailed Marvel / DC pence book summaries to price variants, font variants, promos, misprints etc etc. None of these things may interest you personally, but I hope you would at least acknowledge the effort put into them. I am not into your GA books, because I can't afford them and can only dream of owning them. But I do often pop across to GA threads and make comments and show appreciation of stunning books, collections and comments.

I hope you will look at some of my threads, and maybe come back and apologise.

If you do, we can move forward and be nice to each other. I know you are Sharon. I'm Steve - pleased, I hope, to meet you :foryou:

am.thumb.PNG.9c2332fe0a3efe6584394a19db911989.PNG

15 hours ago, COI said:

If you don't like an environment or social dynamic, leave, or do a little digging and see if you can find some things to like. Don't treat this place like it's your own personal play date, with mommy in the next room ready to pounce if things get scary for you.

I respect your opinion as a longtime member, but I would like to know where you are coming from with this. I feel like you are putting all the responsibility on the newcomers to fit in or get out. 

6 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

I respect your opinion as a longtime member, but I would like to know where you are coming from with this. I feel like you are putting all the responsibility on the newcomers to fit in or get out. 

I think it's pretty self explanatory. :acclaim:

The opinion is summed up rather clearly in the last sentence of his observation, imho. I concur with that last sentence.

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

I think it's pretty self explanatory. :acclaim:

I have been to scared and intimidated to take part in your wonderful contest held every year, because I am not a seasoned comics collector, even though you encouraged me to take part. I enjoy it as it unfolds and who got what and your pictorial commentary as the guesses roll in are priceless. I am a closet DR.X contest junkie. I finally decided to come out of the closet and acknowledge your kind and selfless work. But, you are old guard and have more posts than me and you are more popular than me and and peopel threw parties and parades when I received a strike, and....well, I am going to call mom about this.

I do collect change and put it in empty Metamucil containers, and have done so for the last 20 years. They are labeled 1c, 5c, 10c, .25c. There are a hell of a lot of those containers in the basement (observation: for some reason, there are more 5c than 1c. I wouldn't have thought that). I just might donate to your cause. (Can I deduct it? Are you a 503 charity organization?).

3 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

The opinion is summed up rather clearly in the last sentence of his observation, imho. I concur with that last sentence.

The part I don't agree with is "Don't treat this place like it's your own personal play date", and I think by having a fit in or get out mentality you are treating this place like your own personal play date. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo749 said:

The part I don't agree with is "Don't treat this place like it's your own personal play date", and I think by having a fit in or get out mentality you are treating this place like your own personal play date. 

Get a thicker skin amd relax.