• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Related Paperbacks

183 posts in this topic

First editions of the first 5 original MAD paperbacks from 1955. I remember when I saw “Inside MAD” for the first time. I couldn’t understand what the covers meant. Were they the earliest editions of MAD? Just to have them and eventually got them all.

The MAD reader (#1) is the very first cover appearance of Alfred E Neuman, 

C4BCAE22-F3E5-4F68-A671-761222B68476.jpeg

7341ACD3-B62C-4550-A7C6-B5264FB3D733.jpeg

On 3/29/2020 at 12:27 PM, srezvan said:

I found some great paperbacks recently. 

When I was younger, I loved the Marvel and DC novels. These X-Men novels (and 6 Wolverine ones not pictured) came out after I took a break from reading them. (If you haven't read the Michael Golden X-Men trilogy Siege, Sanctuary, and Salvation, it is fantastic.) The Wolverine role playing book is from a series of TSR books that is somewhat hard to find.

How did I not know about Find Your Own Fate books? Of course I'm familiar with Choose Your Own Adventure, but Find Your Fate has G.I. Joe, Indiana Jones, Transformers, and Thundercats. Maybe others? I found these G.I. Joe and Indiana Jones slipcases sets for real cheap.

20200328_184209.jpg

20200328_184330.jpg

20200328_184432.jpg

I've got a few of the X-Men novels, plus one or two Fantastic Four. Nice to have, but man I wish they'd make them available digitally for legal purchase.