• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2019 at 6:51 PM, 1950's war comics said:

i know it is a Bronze age issue but how many GREAT WHITE SHARK covers does one get to see???

Great Kirby artwork IMO

k23.jpg

Now, I'm not an ichthyologist but that looks more like a Killer Whale than a shark, Great White or otherwise...

10 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Now, I'm not an ichthyologist but that looks more like a Killer Whale than a shark, Great White or otherwise...

There's a European fairy tale televised in the 60's called The Singing ringing tree and that fish would not look out of place.:bigsmile:

Edited by tv horror

9 hours ago, tv horror said:

There's a European fairy tale televised in the 70's called The Singing ringing tree and that fish would not look out of place.:bigsmile:

Blimey Maurice, I was only thinking about this the other day. I originally saw it in the 60's when apart from BBC2 everything was in B&W. It was made in East Germany, along with another of the Grimms'fairy tales, which may have been the Tinderbox.

16 minutes ago, tv horror said:

The other European fairy tale was indeed the Tinderbox and they are still popular even today by us old fogies.<3 Here's the box art for the DVD from Amazon, p.s I know one person who's going to buy one.(thumbsu

81VRlWmcR4L._SY445_.jpg

I'd have to watch it in B&W though. I had an problem with the colour series of The Avengers when I first saw them in colour too.

Edited by Gnasher