• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

I was a teenage Werewolf was the first of four "teenage monster" movies produced by AIP during 1957 and 1958. All four films highlighting a theme of innocent teenagers being preyed upon, transformed, and used by corrupt adults for selfish interests. I Was a Teenage Frankenstein and Blood of Dracula were both released in November 1957 and feature a teenage boy transformed into a Frankenstein's monster and a teenage girl transformed into a werewolf-like vampire, respectively. How to Make a Monster, released in 1958, features two young actors being hypnotized to kill while in make-up as the monster characters "Teenage Werewolf" and "Teenage Frankenstein" of the 1957 films.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, FoggyNelson said:

No wonder I never saw an I never even noticed it on cable before , why is it so obscure .?.?

James Nicholson's widow (Susan Hart) inherited a few AIP titles from him. People have tried to make deals with her to license some of them for DVD, but she wants more money that anybody is willing to pay.

The most interesting titles:

THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN

TERROR FROM THE YEAR 5,000

INVASION OF THE SAUCER-MEN

IT CONQUERED THE WORLD

I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF

I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN

Edited by Mike Scott

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Thanks-Wikipedia was my source and boy they sure are wrong a lot 

From the Wiki article:

"Samuel Z. Arkoff wrote in his memoirs that he got a lot of resistance for producing a film portraying a teenager becoming a monster, an idea that had never been exploited in film before.[3] The film became the first one to have the word "teenage" in the title."

They probably meant the first "monster/horror" movie with "teenage" in the title. Which is, no doubt, true.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, Mike Scott said:

James Nicholson's widow (Susan Hart) inherited a few AIP titles from him. People have tried to make deals with her to license some of them for DVD

Here is hoping it`s blu-ray and not dvd. After watching blu-ray it`s kind of hard to go back to dvd,similar to after watching HDTV and going back to standard tv.

So yeah hoping blu-ray.

:wishluck: