• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, shiverbones said:

I couldn’t love this set more! When I first started buying them in the early 90s, you could get unopened packs for $20, they dried up and the stickers kept climbing. When I gave up they were $30-$50 per sticker. 

I'd like to have the 3 Creature ones, but at $50 a pop, I just made some repros to put in my Creature cards binder.

3 hours ago, tv horror said:

@Mike Scott Is there a link anywhere that shows you the set as it would be nice to see, thanks.(thumbsu

By golly, there is! :)  Missing only one sticker (#13 from my previous post), with a few others showing only the art, with the "joke" in very light pencil. 

https://boingboing.net/2015/02/03/vintage-monster-valentines.html

Here are the faded joke lines in order of appearance.

I'm Sinking Without You !

NO TITLE

You Make My Heart Sing !

Hug Me !

Let's Stroll in the Moonlight.

Don't Keep Me in the Dark !

Edited by Mike Scott

8 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

By golly, there is! :)  Missing only one sticker (#13 from my previous post), with a few others showing only the art, with the "joke" in very light pencil. 

https://boingboing.net/2015/02/03/vintage-monster-valentines.html

Here are the faded joke lines in order of appearance.

I'm Sinking Without You !

NO TITLE

You Make My Heart Sing !

Hug Me !

Let's Stroll in the Moonlight.

Don't Keep Me in the Dark !

Thank you again Mike for sharing your knowledge.(thumbsu The list of jokes read more like a corny turn of the Century song lyric.:bigsmile:

images.jpg

1 hour ago, Cushing Fan said:

Picked up another film poster for my collection - Tales from the Crypt - two checks in my book - Peter Cushing and a comic book connection :-)

IMG_20191104_181425.jpg

Great pick-up! Curious, was Peter Cushing ever knighted?

1 hour ago, bronze johnny said:

Great pick-up! Curious, was Peter Cushing ever knighted?

Unfortunately no. Cushing was made an O.B.E. (Officer of the British Empire). I wrote to Prime Minister Tony Blair years ago asking if Cushing could be posthumously knighted but his secretary explained that a posthumous knighthood could only be given to someone who died in battle.