• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Seeding Round
8 8

199 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Raze said:

My first time doing this it is fun!

@youfoundjake i put 1.5 for my grade because ive seen  incomplete affects story be as high as 4.0 (shrug)

@grebal glad to see you are doing this again! Ive learned alot from you with a few book  we talked about earlier this year thanks!!!!

Blue label and incomplete is always 0.5

you concentrated on the “affects story” note, and not the “incomplete” note 

you can see “piece missing, affects story” but that’s a different story. (thumbsu 

15 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

you can see “piece missing, affects story” but that’s a different story. (thumbsu 

I totally missed that :censored: note.

19 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Thats what I thought but found this on ebay 4.5

75864633-A329-441F-9C90-5BF045725C13.png

389BA559-5F6F-426B-92F0-AE040E682404.png

Edited by Raze
So whats the difference between a blue incomplete and green incomplete

Crushed it!  Best opening for me ever and a sure fire indication of a second round disaster for me.  The only book I flubbed was the Marvel Feature and I had that one at 7.0 and it came back 5.0 (must have missed something).  6 Bullseyes and 3 half offs.

5 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Crushed it!  Best opening for me ever and a sure fire indication of a second round disaster for me.  The only book I flubbed was the Marvel Feature and I had that one at 7.0 and it came back 5.0 (must have missed something).  6 Bullseyes and 3 half offs.

Congrats on a great start!

6 minutes ago, Raze said:

The difference is qualified vs blue label.  What Andy was saying is true if its a blue label.  That's really the whole point of the "qualified" green label.  Its saying "If this book were whole it would be a 4.5".  If you choose to have a blue label with an incomplete books its always a .5.

12 hours ago, Betty-Bates said:

I had a bug in my eye! There was a smudge on my screen!! I .. I... but, hormones!!!! Hahahhahahahaha??? - I will wait for the rankings before bashing myself further ? but daymn!

1st round bye!  You are too hard on yourself if that score is a disappointment.

2 minutes ago, comicquant said:

The difference is qualified vs blue label.  What Andy was saying is true if its a blue label.  That's really the whole point of the "qualified" green label.  Its saying "If this book were whole it would be a 4.5".  If you choose to have a blue label with an incomplete books its always a .5.

^^

13 minutes ago, Raze said:

389BA559-5F6F-426B-92F0-AE040E682404.png

Right.

Blue label means that all the defects are factored into the grade. 

Green (qualified) label means that the major defect (whatever note that’s on the label) is ignored, and they’re grading it at what it would be without that defect.