• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Round of 64
5 5

217 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The white block hides the inner cover grade and the serial number. 

We get that Blowie...what are the grades?...no one seems to know unless I have missed something...did not see where you post the little spreadsheet showing the 4 actual grades.  Please don't say that the actual grades we were scored on were based on the outside covers.  Can you please post the grades for the 4 books Round 64. THX  trm

Edited by trmoore54
typos

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The white block hides the inner cover grade and the serial number. 

As previously clarified...we are supposed to (somewhat) ignore the outer cover and grade the overall book based on the inner cover grade...correct?  So that is what we are asking...what were the grades for the three (3) double cover books please (?)  THX in advance.

4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

post.jpg.33dffc74adbd4b60e1036d1d1a875997.jpg

This is completely contrary and counter-intuitive to what we were told.  Ignore the outer cover and grade the book based on the inner cover/overall grade.  Are we missing something here?

1 minute ago, trmoore54 said:

This is completely contrary and counter-intuitive to what we were told.  Ignore the outer cover and grade the book based on the inner cover/overall grade.  Are we missing something here?

I think we're to grade the outer cover only (shrug)

10 minutes ago, trmoore54 said:

We get that Blowie...what are the grades?...no one seems to know unless I have missed something...did not see where you post the little spreadsheet showing the 4 actual grades.  Please don't say that the actual grades we were scored on were based on the outside covers.  Can you please post the grades for the 4 books Round 64. THX  trm

Screenshot 2018-03-13 at 9.23.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-03-13 at 9.24.07 PM.png

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:23 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Correct.

OK...I see here now you clarified it.  A lot of us are really busy and can't always scroll through all the pages etc.  And there was a lot of chatter back and forth about the DC books both ways.  I AM NOT COMPLAINING...I AM ONLY TRYING TO HELP MYSELF AND ALL OF US IN CLEARLY UNDERSTANDING THE RULES.  I completely picked up on other info here and attempted to grade the inner cover with my x-ray vision.  I guess I didn't completely f up as I won my round 2.  Sorry for the confusion and if it's of any benefit to all of us I feel like we (I) know what to grade when we are grading double covers... :headbang: :foryou:

20 minutes ago, Jester Hats said:

Omg :whatthe: I was so busy earlier that I totally forgot about submitting! First time I've done this, so sorry!

@BlowUpTheMoon

Hey maybe blowee will insert me in your spot! :wishluck:

8 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Someone should insert Lance Stephenson's picture blowing on the ball lol

I researched this apparently ref blew whistle so he aborted throw but it was still ruled as his free throw,

1 minute ago, kav said:
10 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Someone should insert Lance Stephenson's picture blowing on the ball lol

I researched this apparently ref blew whistle so he aborted throw but it was still ruled as his free throw,

I wonder why it was still ruled as a free throw after the whistle..  Doesn't make sense!?

4 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I wonder why it was still ruled as a free throw after the whistle..  Doesn't make sense!?

it makes NO SENSE

4 minutes ago, kav said:
9 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

it makes NO SENSE

Yep!  Pretty funny though.  I believe it was featured at a Shaqtin da Fool segment, probably made it up to top 10