• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

King Comics UK Price Variants
4 4

195 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2023 at 5:53 PM, Yorick said:

I hadn't seen that Blondie before (not that I was looking).  Funny cover.  Priceless.  :bigsmile:

I used to have a copy funnily enough. It went in the last refocusing clear out. 

On 10/29/2023 at 10:58 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I used to have a copy funnily enough. It went in the last refocusing clear out. 

At some point I'll get the two Flash books...  There was a nice high graded copy of the Valiant issue on feebay that never sold.  Maybe that one.  It's got my guy Williamson scrunched down into the corner.  hm

On 10/29/2023 at 6:06 PM, Yorick said:

At some point I'll get the two Flash books...  There was a nice high graded copy of the Valiant issue on feebay that never sold.  Maybe that one.  It's got my guy Williamson scrunched down into the corner.  hm

Cool, isn't it. I don't think I have that one, just the original source book (number 6?).

This thread is supposed to be just for the UKPVs, but I was planning to post more about other King books, including the super rare (but no one care) 35c variants:

ThePhantom21(March1967)12cRegularEdition.thumb.jpg.d0d121989afb0d239e7acbfd245068fc.jpgThePhantomR-06(1973).thumb.jpg.0e272fe2a754fdfef5d2a7e597c106dc.jpgThePhantomR-06Summer(1977)35cVariant-ExampleA.thumb.jpg.93d1553a0e0011fb76286bca16a7d724.jpg

Three I've found, so far, within the King Reading Book groups. 

One for another day :)

On 10/29/2023 at 6:29 PM, Yorick said:

Isn't that supposed to be PRICELESS?  Similar to the Flash Gordon "Complimentary" copy with the 12 cents still printed.

:bigsmile:

I just love saying I have a rare 35c variant. 

"Iron Fist #14?"

"No, Beetle Bailey...."

On 12/5/2023 at 2:53 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

You're the first in the door 

Now that I think about it.... perhaps one of those other 15 graded copies is pence priced?  hm

On 12/6/2023 at 3:42 AM, Yorick said:

Now that I think about it.... perhaps one of those other 15 graded copies is pence priced?  hm

It's possible, as your initial submission proved, but hugely unlikely I think. King UKPVs have little to no visibility and I've not picked up on any serious variant collector interest. 

On 12/6/2023 at 4:41 PM, Yorick said:

Hey!  That remark resembles me!  :baiting:

:bigsmile:

It's me and you on the King front, Yoz. And you're only Flash!  If I ever see another collector actively seeking out a Mandrake UKPV, or a Popeye, I'll likely pass out.