• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COPPER AGE BOOKS FUTURE VALUES

177 posts in this topic

I am amazed that the early Elementals,and the Justice Machine,for that matter don't sell for more.

Do most of the people on the boards even know who The Elementals are?

Um, who are The Elementals and what is the Justice Machine?

foreheadslap.gif

Bill Willingham to Mike Gustovich...from the sublime to the ridiculous

I hear New Teen Titans #2 is a $100 book now. Go figure. Nothing like a massive shift in awareness and heat will do to a "common" book's sell price. There will be others from the 80s too in time.

That's stupid money for that book. It's very common, and who cares about the first app. of Deathstroke?

shy.gifhi.gif

hi.gif

I rescued most of his stand-alone series out of quarter bins long ago. I have always been a fan of the character, just never got around to tracking down his first appearance (which was worth about $2 up until a year or so ago). Now I am kicking myself. foreheadslap.gif

I hear New Teen Titans #2 is a $100 book now. Go figure. Nothing like a massive shift in awareness and heat will do to a "common" book's sell price. There will be others from the 80s too in time.

That's stupid money for that book. It's very common, and who cares about the first app. of Deathstroke?

shy.gifhi.gif

hi.gif

I rescued most of his stand-alone series out of quarter bins long ago. I have always been a fan of the character, just never got around to tracking down his first appearance (which was worth about $2 up until a year or so ago). Now I am kicking myself. foreheadslap.gif

That's cool, but are either of you really going to pony up $100 for his first appearance?

shy.gifhi.gif

hi.gif

That's cool, but are either of you really going to pony up $100 for his first appearance?

Hell no. But you were asking if anyone cares about his first appearance, not if we were willing to pay retarded money for it. I agree the book is going to come down A LOT, but I will be buying a copy or two when it does. confused-smiley-013.gif

shy.gifhi.gif

hi.gif

Hell no. But you were asking if anyone cares about his first appearance, not if we were willing to pay retarded money for it. I agree the book is going to come down A LOT, but I will be buying a copy or two when it does. confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

I feel the same way as October. I cared about his appearance and considered buying a cgc slab but I already own 3 raw copies and I just didn't see the need to pay that kind of money when there are so many other "must have's" on my want list. I care, but not that much.

the people that would pony up $100 for this issue are those that are new to the hobby, either jumping on board as speculators, or kids who dig that guy in the cartoon. neither subset really knows what they are doing, whereas the people here have been - generally - in the hobby for quite a while, and wouldn't pay sixty for that issue.

of course, these groups i mention are continually being replenished from the general population, so maybe, given the popularity of the TT cartoon - we just bought a bunch of stuff for my nephew's birthday which is as good an indicator as i can think of offhand - it's not completely unreasonable to think this ish will hold steady for a couple of years

Is that $100 for a 9.8 or for lower grades? If I had a TT #2 9.8 vs a Secret Wars 8 9.8 I'd take the TT #2 every day of the week.

The other over the top issues are the Wolverine 1-4 Ltd. Spidey vs Woverine, Wolverine #1, Punisher #1. Wolverine v Punisher and all the other late 80's crossovers.

Is that $100 for a 9.8 or for lower grades? If I had a TT #2 9.8 vs a Secret Wars 8 9.8 I'd take the TT #2 every day of the week.

The other over the top issues are the Wolverine 1-4 Ltd. Spidey vs Woverine, Wolverine #1, Punisher #1. Wolverine v Punisher and all the other late 80's crossovers.

i would too, mostly because of the sheer number of SW 8s out there. you could fill Titans Tower with the slabs.

i don't know what the qualifications are for this being a $100 issue. heck, according to Chuck, ROM 67 in 9.8 is a $180 comic, even after the sale "discount"

I remember in the 1980s how 70s comics were regarded as generally worthless! That's certainly changed now!

If I read this type of 893censored-thumb.gif again.... frustrated.gif

Do you have any idea when bags and boards became available in the mass market? When comics shops regularly bagged and boarded their back-stock? When comic stores really took over, and allowed mass-buy-speculation by customers? Or when preview magazines became standard, and allowed customers to speculate months in advance?

Copper values are NOT just a pile of simplistic "Yo Jethro, I dun 'member when doz 70's comix were wort nuthin - sew da same ting'll happen wit 1980's books!" horseshat. There are real factors behind the opinions posted here, and while Bronze supplies are immense, the sheer numbers of these 1980's books, and their condition, is staggering.

Good grief mate, steady on - I don't need to read your aggressive rants when I log in! mad.gif

You'd think I'd suggested you regularly masturbate over your Copper comics with that kind of venom!

The answers! Yes. Yes. Yes... erm, think so. Yes.

And your final paragraph suggests I'm stupid - which is rather rude. tongue.gif

justice machine and elementals are totally worthless dime bin fodder. in fact, that's about what I got for a lot of them when I attempted to sell them. this included #1, etc. (although i guess not the "real" #1) i looked around and nobody could sell them.

nobody cares...unless, of course, they're brought back in a succesfull series, then people will care. personally, i was happy to get rid of them for a 20 cents or whatever a pop because I paid a dime each for them. god bless the person who bought them if they can flip them for a real profit.

[Good grief mate, steady on - I don't need to read your aggressive rants when I log in! mad.gif

Do you *really* think I like reading your stupidity any more? Christo_pull_hair.gif

Erm, does that mean you USED to like reading my "stupidity" but have since changed your mind? 27_laughing.gif

p.s. I've never been abused on the boards before. Is he always like this? Any one got any tips? Ian?

[Good grief mate, steady on - I don't need to read your aggressive rants when I log in! mad.gif

Do you *really* think I like reading your stupidity any more? Christo_pull_hair.gif

Erm, does that mean you USED to like reading my "stupidity" but have since changed your mind? 27_laughing.gif

p.s. I've never been abused on the boards before. Is he always like this? Any one got any tips? Ian?

He's always like this. It's like perpetual PMS. Learn to ignore him for the most part or it will drive you crazy.

Yeah, but how many of those books will be able hang onto those price increases? NTT #2 at $100? Flavor of the moment, I'm afraid. I highly doubt it will be a 3-figure book 5 years from now. And that WC Avengers issue where Wanda starts flipping out? That's hot because it led to Avengers Disassembled (one of the worst storylines of all-time) and House of M (I'm in denial that this travesty is even happening)? Tell me we won't see this one back in the quarter or dollar bins in 5-10 years with the rest of the formerly hot '80s/'90s books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Disagree strongly on NTT 2. It isn't a $100 book now anyway, but is definitely a $60 book, and is going to stay there. People buying NTT 2 are people who have gotten into the Teen Titans because of the cartoon, not because of comics and are looking for Deathstroke appearances. You want a significantly undervalued book? NTT 10 - second appearance of Deathstroke.

27_laughing.gif

Go to a middle school, and ask the kids there what they're watching. Teen Titans, Justice League and other Cartoon Network shows. Teen Titans is the #1 show among children 9-14. Deathstroke is the uber bad guy in the cartoon.

Yeah, but how many of those books will be able hang onto those price increases? NTT #2 at $100? Flavor of the moment, I'm afraid. I highly doubt it will be a 3-figure book 5 years from now. And that WC Avengers issue where Wanda starts flipping out? That's hot because it led to Avengers Disassembled (one of the worst storylines of all-time) and House of M (I'm in denial that this travesty is even happening)? Tell me we won't see this one back in the quarter or dollar bins in 5-10 years with the rest of the formerly hot '80s/'90s books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Disagree strongly on NTT 2. It isn't a $100 book now anyway, but is definitely a $60 book, and is going to stay there. People buying NTT 2 are people who have gotten into the Teen Titans because of the cartoon, not because of comics and are looking for Deathstroke appearances. You want a significantly undervalued book? NTT 10 - second appearance of Deathstroke.

you're out of your mind. TT 2 is a $6 book, according to the OPG...

poke2.gif

actually, you might could argue the whole run - at least the Perez issues up to, say, ish 40 or so - are undervalued

For the NTT 2, It's about $60-75 for a CGC 9.4, $125-150 for CGC 9.6 and I think the one CGC 9.8 that I saw was at $350 but it didn't meet reserve.

NTT2 sells in the 40-60 range for raw NM.

poke2.gif

actually, you might could argue the whole run - at least the Perez issues up to, say, ish 40 or so - are undervalued

I'll buy EVERY SINGLE NTT2 you have in NM for double guide. Where should I send the check?

poke2.gif

I'll buy EVERY SINGLE NTT2 you have in NM for double guide. Where should I send the check?

c'mon. what kind of "the OPG is missing the TT2 boat" rant is that?

i have read better from you. on this very subject.

and you can't have my TT2, besides, you never commented on my other point