Love and Rockets Thread
5 5

118 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2019 at 5:48 PM, Ron C. said:

I have quite a few raw and slabbed duplicates. Would anyone be interested in trading/filling the gaps in our collections?

Newb here and late to the party but if this is not a stale inquiry I would be :) 

On 2/27/2022 at 6:37 PM, Ron C. said:

Starting with this iconic cover.... now only 2 on the CGC census and I will be keeping the other.

LR 24 92.jpg

:whatthe:

Still have this one Ron? 

On 4/19/2022 at 12:50 PM, F For Fake said:

Bumping @Ron C.'s terrific thread as it is germane to the L&R discussion in the Black CAT thread, and also because it's full of gorgeous books.

Ron, do please drop a message when you end up doing your sale, if I haven't already missed it!

It's going to take some time to put things together and work is pretty busy right now. I am shooting for sometime in May.

On 4/19/2022 at 1:09 PM, Ron C. said:

It's going to take some time to put things together and work is pretty busy right now. I am shooting for sometime in May.

May would be great, as I'm sure I'd pick up a few things, but I just bought a collection and also had to pay the taxman, so funds are tight! Looking forward to it, whenever it happens!

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2022 at 1:12 PM, F For Fake said:

May would be great, as I'm sure I'd pick up a few things, but I just bought a collection and also had to pay the taxman, so funds are tight! Looking forward to it, whenever it happens!

I would have done a sales thread sooner, but these books are hard to put a value on. Many (actually quite a few) of these 1st printings, I have the only two on the CGC census. I don't know why Fantagraphics used this type of staple, but it is hard to find these books without rust on them. I preserve what I have with desiccant gel packets, but after 35-40 years, much of the damage has been done.

Edited by Ron C.

On 4/15/2018 at 8:36 PM, Ron C. said:

A few more... some I will bring to Motor City for signatures. The first two rows are all first printings... a few from 14-20 with rusty staples. Next 2 rows are V.2.

L&R 1982.jpg

L&R 2001.jpg

Penny Century.jpg

Are rusty staples also commonplace  in the first 1-13?