• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 - anyone got some wall pics/how’s the show
2 2

41 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

We have sold a bunch of books.

Now that the show is over and we have time to catch our breath during the boring drive home I can finally provide a little more detail and context to the above statement...

We sold a whole bunch of books.

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

The first picture here. Anybody know who's wall that was? Of all the beautiful wall books here, that Saddle Romances was the one I might want the most. I've benn on the hunt for that for longer than I can remember. Just NEVER see it...

Hey RM: I believe this was at the Worldwide booth. They had a white-hot lamp in the corner pointing up at the books (which could've cooked a steak). That and the white circular stickers on the books are the only ways I can track the provenance of this spectacular wall from all the other spectacular walls I saw over the weekend...

It's hard work keeping track of all those wall identities! I'll need a better system next time.

19 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hey RM: I believe this was at the Worldwide booth. They had a white-hot lamp in the corner pointing up at the books (which could've cooked a steak). That and the white circular stickers on the books are the only ways I can track the provenance of this spectacular wall from all the other spectacular walls I saw over the weekend...

It's hard work keeping track of all those wall identities! I'll need a better system next time.

Many thanks! I got a PM about it. You boardies are the greatest. I will have to go to their website and check it out. I really miss Steve Ritter. Used to see him at SDCC every year and spend a ton of money with him. He doesn't do a lot of shows and his website is usually a little out of date so I don't check much. Yeah, a room full of walls like that is pretty blinding. I prefer to focus on those little white boxes in front of them. Usually best deals are the ones people are too lazy to look for...

8 hours ago, domuhnator said:

That empty spot under the journey into mystery in the bottom left of the first and second picture had a very nice 6.0 blue beetle 51 in it. But it came home with me.

20180409093612672_0001.thumb.jpg.f2108a3b06d35b539f0c7b36216a9291.jpg

Nice pickup!

6 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Now that the show is over and we have time to catch our breath during the boring drive home I can finally provide a little more detail and context to the above statement...

We sold a whole bunch of books.

Would you go so far as to say there was a whole lotta sellin' goin' on? hm

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Would you go so far as to say there was a whole lotta sellin' goin' on? hm

I think that accurately sums it up.

2 minutes ago, streyouttacomics said:

C2E2 was a blast here's some of my pickups! Got to meet some awesome boardies and people there, made some great connections!

untill next year 

:tink:

IMG_20180406_203944_383.jpg

Wow, what a haul! Every one is a winner. And an AF 15 thrown in the corner for good measure. You got some good reading there. I'd start with Weird Science...

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, what a haul! Every one is a winner. And an AF 15 thrown in the corner for good measure. You got some good reading there. I'd start with Weird Science...

Thanks Robot Man (thumbsu

My last af15 went to a boardie so I wanted to get another one even if low grade. I'm a golden age collector at heart now but I still love the webhead!