• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 100 most influential comic pages!

12 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

Cheers Triple B - there's about a weeks reading there so I run down the list to see which ASM's appeared. The 4 that did were fairly obvious I thought? I wonder how many attempts you'd need to guess them....hm

They made this list too long.  It should have been shorter and ranked.  They are also inconsistent with "most influential pages" and "most influential book".

But overall a good list.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Not many moderns on this list LOL

1 hour ago, JazzMan said:

They missed a few, but the most iconic one they missed was Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 #36

Influential, not influenced.

ASM (v.2) 36 is a ridiculous piece of garbage that means nothing to the history of the industry.

I agree with enough of it to feel the list is a very decent attempt, but far from definitive.

Good EC comic choices.

Lists like this can be very subjective.   My 100 Greatest Rock Songs are not going to match yours.  Same with these pages.  Ms. Marvel Kamala Khan....ummmm....ok.?!     Poll 100 random people on the street.  98 of them can tell you who Clark Kent is, I bet you not one can tell you who Kamala Khan is. 

Terrific list, though I wasn't really familiar with the more recent stuff, like anything after All Star Superman. Well, scratch that, I know Saga & Hawkeye, but was unfamiliar with the rest.

But yeah, the rest of the list was terrific, particularly the attention paid to the indie and underground books, which commonly get short shrift on "fan" lists. Nice read!