• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

when you buy a high dollar item from an HA auction, how long do they keep sending you catalogs for free?

18 posts in this topic

won a high ticket item in an HA auction about a year and a half ago. they must feel i'm a "player" so i get all these HA comic auction catalogs priced a 50$ for free. Wondering how much longer this will last. 

Edited by NoMan

Not long, now that you said something.........seriously, Heritage is very good about this type of thing. It is worth being visitor to their platform. Your interest is noted by them. Bidding now and then also reflects interest. I received catalogs for as long as 4 years. I asked that I be removed from the mailing list. 2-1/2 years later, I emailed I would like to be put on the mailing list. Heritage renewed sending me catalogs.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Not long, now that you said something.........seriously, Heritage is very good about this type of thing. It is worth being visitor to their platform. Your interest is noted by them. Bidding now and then also reflects interest. I received catalogs for as long as 4 years. I asked that I be removed from the mailing list. 2-1/2 years later, I emailed I would like to be put on the mailing list. Heritage renewed sending me catalogs.

I buy regularly from them and never get the catalog. One time I called to discuss and they sent me a catalog, one time shot. I have no idea what criteria they use to decide who gets the catalog. In fact, I never even get E-Mails from them, nothing on bids placed, purchases, invoice, nothing, zero correspondence. I have to go to the website for all status.

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I buy regularly from them and never get the catalog. One time I called to discuss and they sent me a catalog, one time shot. I have no idea what criteria they use to decide who gets the catalog. In fact, I never even get E-Mails from them, nothing on bids placed, purchases, invoice, nothing, zero correspondence. I have to go to the website for all status.

i will pass this on.

I don't think I've received a full catalog, but I get invited to panel discussions about things outside of comics (mainly art, fossils and rocks).  I always get the big foldout flyers for comics auctions but not the catalog.

All I receive, and ever have, from HAG is the fold-out and one leaf flyers. HAG has never "presented" me with a "$50" catalog as, apparently, I have not "presented" them with enough $.

I spent around $400 on an item in one auction, and I received the catalogs for about 2.5-3 years after that (with an occasional fold-out/leaflet flyer in the middle) before I stopped getting the catalogs completely and just started getting the leaflets.

I'm curious to see how often Uline will send me huge catalogs now that I'm only buying mailers from them once a year.  Those huge catalogs provide me a ton of packing material when I rip out the pages.

23 hours ago, NoMan said:

i get all these HA comic auction catalogs priced a 50$ for free.

Wondering how much longer this will last. 

I am not sure how I even got onto their mailing list?  ???

I assume somebody must have sold their mailing list with my mailing info to Heritage when they first started up way back when.  hm

I do actively track items / bid in the Sunday auctions, but rarely win anything (although I've landed a bigger ticket book or two a few years ago).  I've been getting the event catalogs since 2011.  I like flipping through all the OA in there....and the lenticular Action #1 cover on the latest one is pretty cool.

Is there any promo codes floating around which will allow me to get a comic auction catalouge? I love the quality of them and would like to have at least one to look through. I've never won anything but, i check the auctions frequently. Or if one of you gents would consider selling one for an upcoming auction i'd be good for a little cash and shipping. 

Don't know the answer to that, but I'm pretty sure it's not only buying but also selling your stuff you can get a free catalog.  I just received the newest catalog from them this past week on their upcoming Signature auction.  Love the holographic platinum book with Action #1 on the front cover.  

I think it probably triggers a free subscription once you spend $5k or more in a single auction or over $10k annually.  when I first got back into collecting a while back i stumbled across their site I was buying a bunch of raw back issues on their sunday and signature auctions spending $300 - 2k per auction for 2 years. It wasnt until after I plopped down roughly $5k  on one of their signature auctions that I started getting them. been getting them for the last 5 years. went a whole year without buying anything and figured they'd stop sending them. but then broke my heritage fast with a big purchase so I guess I'm locked into it for at least another year.

I guess that's what the 19.5% buyers premium helps to pay for.