• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think about this how many want one

18 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Absolutely, ZERO interest in this manufactured collectible. Can't ever see it increasing in value and even now has real minimal interest probably to comic collectors. 

agreed

10 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

Man you guys are a bunch of snobs.  I mean when you look at it, all comics are manufactured collectables as well.  No difference here.  As you might guess I bought one and was happy to do so.  Can’t wait to see it slabbed.

Any company using the word MINT, not associated with the Government or The Girl Scouts, is up to the snake oil sales.  

The comic book (as we know it)  has been around since what....the 1920's,  Printed as a form of entertainment to be read and usually thrown away, the medium is still going strong today.   This item, from what I understand, is not even a full reprint.  Rather a reprint of a cover, of one of the most desirable comics made.  What you are buying is laced in silver, given a meaningless GEM MINT 10 Grade, and marketed in a way, that makes the buyer think they are getting something rare/special.  This reeks of the nonsense they did in the 1990's with collectibles. 

If you enjoy it, that's cool.  Nothing wrong with buying something you enjoy.   I wouldn't give you the price of the silver for it.