• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Red84 said:

I thought the entire movie was a disgrace. Remember when Disney actually made movies for children? Imagine a 10 year old who has their birthday party to see the Avengers. The kids are all dressed as their favorite hero. Then they get to watch half of their heroes die. Of course none of these characters are actually dead, but the kids don't know that. And Spiderman whimpering that he's scared while in Iron Man's arms. Really, Disney?

I'm still getting over Bambi after all these years

5 hours ago, Red84 said:

I thought the entire movie was a disgrace. Remember when Disney actually made movies for children? Imagine a 10 year old who has their birthday party to see the Avengers. The kids are all dressed as their favorite hero. Then they get to watch half of their heroes die. Of course none of these characters are actually dead, but the kids don't know that. And Spiderman whimpering that he's scared while in Iron Man's arms. Really, Disney?

My 12 year old and 9 year old had a great time!

1 hour ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I'm still getting over Bambi after all these years

My daughter laughed at me when I took her to see it. I was weeping and she told me "mommy it's only a movie". I think she was 5.

Kids are tougher these days...must be video games;)

My biggest issue is that to me Marvel movies (with the obvious exception of Deadpool and Logan) are kids movies that happen to also be enjoyable for adults. Its the DC movies that are brooding and unpleasant. I just don't see a need for a dark and unhappy Marvel movie, especially when its the tentpole property like the Avengers. I thought the movie was fine, but then again, its the ultimate cop out that none of those deaths are final and therefore any potential drama is eliminated due to the complete lack of consequences for the characters.

In other words, my review is "meh".

Edited by Red84

1 hour ago, Red84 said:

My biggest issue is that to me Marvel movies (with the obvious exception of Deadpool and Logan) are kids movies that happen to also be enjoyable for adults. Its the DC movies that are brooding and unpleasant. I just don't see a need for a dark and unhappy Marvel movie, especially when its the tentpole property like the Avengers. I thought the movie was fine, but then again, its the ultimate cop out that none of those deaths are final and therefore any potential drama is eliminated due to the complete lack of consequences for the characters.

Did you ever see Old Yeller?  pet dog dies of rabies, Alice in Wonderland (off with her head) , Lady and the Tramp with those mean nasty "Siamese" cats, Sleeping Beauty poisoned by her WICKED stepmother (my friends daughter was hysterical crying during that one), Pete's Dragon, with the abusive adoptive parents? there was also one I remember seeing as a kid that had scorpions and black widow spiders...Bambi's mother was murdered by a gunman, Dumbo's Mother was in JAIL and he was made to jump from a burning building...Pinocchio? that was a treat...mean kids, turns into a donkey winds up in a whale's belly...just made for nightmares...

Poison apples, headless horsemen, Return to Oz was freaky and the Lion King...don't get me started on that one, the bad guy pushing his brother off a cliff...

Disney movies were "kid" friendly, in an age where people were not looking at them the same way.

Edited by skypinkblu

9 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Did you ever see Old Yeller?  pet dog dies of rabies, Alice in Wonderland (off with her head) , Lady and the Tramp with those mean nasty "Siamese" cats, Sleeping Beauty poisoned by her WICKED stepmother (my friends daughter was hysterical crying during that one), Pete's Dragon, with the abusive adoptive parents? there was also one I remember seeing as a kid that had scorpions and black widow spiders...Bambi's mother was murdered by a gunman, Dumbo's Mother was in JAIL and he was made to jump from a burning building...Pinocchio? that was a treat...mean kids, turns into a donkey winds up in a whale's belly...just made for nightmares...

Disney movies were "kid" friendly, in an age where people were not looking at them the same way.

All of those at least had a happy ending or a lesson.

Infinity War only had death.

DISCLAIMER - I thought the original Avengers was ok and that Ultron was garbage; so I'm not exactly a fan to begin with. I thought the movie was entertaining, but the more I thought about it afterwards the more I disliked it. Its akin to a strong aftertaste. 

Edited by Red84

10 minutes ago, Red84 said:

DISCLAIMER - I thought the original Avengers was ok and that Ultron was garbage; so I'm not exactly a fan to begin with. I thought the movie was entertaining, but the more I thought about it afterwards the more I disliked it. Its akin to a strong aftertaste. 

I don't mind that you didn't like the Avengers...don't get me wrong, lol...but there were lots of Disney movies that I thought were not kid friendly.

8 hours ago, Red84 said:

You have to remember that this movie is broken up into 2 parts.  I think the ending was perfect imho.  It definitely wants to make you come back to see Part 2 to see how the good guys can save the day.

9 hours ago, Red84 said:
9 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Infinity War had a lesson.  You may not have liked it, but it was there.

Can someone help me out with the lesson of the Three Little Pigs?  My 2-year old has been begging us for months now to move into a brick house so that the Big Bad Wolf doesn't blow our house down.  :ohnoez:

OK...we’re far enough in the Avengers Infinity War run that I’m going to give my theory on what happened. Stop here if you don’t want the movie spoiled....

When Iron Man and Spider-Man was trying to grab the Gauntlet off Thanos and Mantis couldn’t put Thanos to sleep, Starlord acted like a complete jerk trying to interrogate Thanos about the whereabouts of Gamora. My take?

Starlord was trying to distract Thanos while Stark replaced one of the stones, probably the Reality Stone, with a fake one; generated by Stark’s new nanotechnology armor. Thanos bailed quickly when Strange too easily just gave up his stone and immediately got in a fight to get Vision’s stone. When he got what he thought was the last stone, Thor went ballistic on him before Thanos snapped his fingers and half the universe died. Thanos then immediately bailed out. Thanos never realized he still didn’t have all the stones when he did the deed and Dr Strange conjured up a massive spell, with the help of the Reality stone, to make it look like all the heroes died. Thanos was tricked and all those who “died” are probably sitting in one of Strange’s dimensions before he brings them back. That’s what I think happened...

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Can someone help me out with the lesson of the Three Little Pigs?  My 2-year old has been begging us for months now to move into a brick house so that the Big Bad Wolf doesn't blow our house down.  :ohnoez:

What was the lesson of Infinity War? That teamwork and superpowers are not enough to defeat giant purple space monsters?

18 hours ago, Red84 said:

I thought the movie was fine, but then again, its the ultimate cop out that none of those deaths are final and therefore any potential drama is eliminated due to the complete lack of consequences for the characters.

Well the movies are based on source material where the outcomes have already been known for almost 2 decades ago.  Don't see how it's a "cop out" when it's staying true to its roots.  And you're on a comic book forum after all - there are no consequences here! :)

10 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

It depends, which 2 year old? Your daughter or son? I want to do some gender tailoring ...(just kidding, don't throw anything;) 

The lesson is to live in a strong brick house of course..;)

12 hours ago, skypinkblu said:
22 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

It depends, which 2 year old? Your daughter or son? I want to do some gender tailoring ...(just kidding, don't throw anything;) 

The lesson is to live in a strong brick house of course..;)

My son.  Please come over and assure him that stucco protects against the Big Bad Wolf just fine.  :makepoint:  And tell Thanos that we've got at least a few more millennia before we run through Earth's resources before he cuts us by half.  :fear:

It's pretty cute, about a quarter of the time when we drive up to the curb he looks at the house and says with a look of utter concern on his face "Big Bad Wolf no blow house down."

I15ZAwY0hZNNDrgMpSF74vplOmsVNt4F3wHkYFko

31 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

My son.  Please come over and assure him that stucco protects against the Big Bad Wolf just fine.  :makepoint:  And tell Thanos that we've got at least a few more millennia before we run through Earth's resources before he cuts us by half.  :fear:

It's pretty cute, about a quarter of the time when we drive up to the curb he looks at the house and says with a look of utter concern on his face "Big Bad Wolf no blow house down."

I15ZAwY0hZNNDrgMpSF74vplOmsVNt4F3wHkYFko

OMG, he's getting SO big, so fast and so cute!!!...where does the time go?

Tell him that the stucco is just a covering over the big bricks (cinder blocks) which are heavier than the old kind of little bricks, so you house is actually stronger...and show him a cinder block;)