• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Kramerica said:

I'll wager you a $50 gift certificate at the Bass Pro Shop of your choice that Warlock doesn't get one second of screen time in Avengers 4 :baiting:

End credit scene.  Shows Adam Warlock emerging from his cocoon.  Sets up GOTG 3...which will center around The Infinity Watch.  BAM!!!

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:26 AM, bronze_rules said:

Just thinking along the lines of original Starlin material...

Wouldn't it make sense that Gamora is inside the soul gem? Maybe not dead. That place with the red skull was the kind of inside soul gem? And secondly, GOTG Gunn, said Gamora will have a larger role in next installment, so I definitely don't think she's dead.

Also, I vaguely recall that scene with Thanos sitting in farmer attire at the end, maybe in Inifinity Gauntlet, and I think he was also in the soul gem?

In the storyline, Warlock came to rescue Gamora. 2c

Ding Ding.^^ Thanks for confirming my 1st theory, Russos bros. Now c'mon Warlock!

Pros:

One of the more/most thought-provoking/deeper Marvel CU movies.

Thanos's intentions/madness well explored.

Subtle but clear Stark/Parker relationship especially at Parker's demise.

Power of Thanos on a scale unseen in prior MCU movies

Hulk not wanting to come play anymore.

Big-name hero "deaths".

Humor. Always classic MCU humor even in this darker-themed movie.

Cons:

Don't remember Thanos flashing classic grin even once.

No Warlock and paging Danvers/Marvel (whole nother issue with her beyond this movie)

Strange not using time to rewind to gain better advantage on Thanos (like he did with Dormammu)

Overall: 8.5/10

Loved that movie - finally a truly epic marve movie with consequences (civil war came close - but this movie was awesome). 

Couple of questions:

1) when is the sequel and is it only a two parter?

2) is it correct to assume the reason a Hulk didn’t come out again was because he was terrified of Thanos after the beating he took?

3) The red skull talks about him knowing what it meant to sacrifice - what was he referring to?

4) Please tell me I missed a silver surfer Easter egg?

4 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

Loved that movie - finally a truly epic marve movie with consequences (civil war came close - but this movie was awesome). 

Couple of questions:

1) when is the sequel and is it only a two parter?

2) is it correct to assume the reason a Hulk didn’t come out again was because he was terrified of Thanos after the beating he took?

3) The red skull talks about him knowing what it meant to sacrifice - what was he referring to?

4) Please tell me I missed a silver surfer Easter egg?

1) Part 2 comes out May 2019 (unless they bump it up a week again).  And yes, it's only 2 parts.

2) No clue, that is one theory.

3) 

4) If you did, so did I.  I saw the movie twice and I'm 99% sure there was no reference to Silver Surfer either explicitly or as an Easter Egg in the background.

My thought is the time stone messed With Thanos perception of time.

That way the Scarlet Witch Can can get off a shot with her reality warping powers and make Thanos think he got a snap off.

In reality they all are fine and Thanos exists in a reality where he thinks he accomplishes what he tried to do.

PT2 is when he realizes he was tricked

Edited by Ares

4 minutes ago, Ares said:

My thought is the time stone messed With Thanos perception of time.

That way the Scarlet Witch Can can off a shot with her reality warping powers and make Thanos think he got a snap off.

In reality they all are fine and Thanos exists in a reality where he thinks he accomplishes what he tried to do.

PT2 is when he realizes he was tricked

Interesting.

I agree, there is something odd about the time-stone that seemed off: Dr. Strange views millions of possible outcomes, finds one "winning" scenario... then engages in battle with Thanos (which he would know is futile since he saw the outcome, unless the battle must be fought... but then why?) then giving up the time-stone which Thanos uses (or did he?) to help him reconstruct the mind-stone after it was shattered. I still think using the time stone like he did to trap and stop Dormammu in DS should have also been able to trap and stop Thanos the same way. Hmm....

However, all indications are pointing to Gamora and the Soul stone being integral to the outcome rather than the time stone.

Also, regarding any doubt that Thanos is evil at heart - once getting all power, then with a snap he could have either created or destroyed to achieve his "balance".

That he chose to destroy shows his heart.

21 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Also, regarding any doubt that Thanos is evil at heart - once getting all power, then with a snap he could have either created or destroyed to achieve his "balance".

That he chose to destroy shows his heart.

Interesting comment, never thought of it that way before...he could have created more inhabitabal planets and transferred people to those worlds or made worlds larger with more resources to accommodate populations.

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Interesting comment, never thought of it that way before...he could have created more inhabitabal planets and transferred people to those worlds or made worlds larger with more resources to accommodate populations.

Exactly.

On 4/29/2018 at 12:26 AM, bronze_rules said:

And secondly, GOTG Gunn, said Gamora will have a larger role in next installment, so I definitely don't think she's dead.

Also, I vaguely recall that scene with Thanos sitting in farmer attire at the end, maybe in Inifinity Gauntlet, and I think he was also in the soul gem?

James Gunn will often lie in the spirit of misdirection and keeping it a surprise. Gamora will be key to defeating Thanos from within the Soul Stone. After that I bet she stays within the Soul Stone forever. I'm pretty sure that James Cameron has her for 3 Avatar sequels and he has said/threatened that filming will begin sometime in the near future. I think she may be on the hook for Star Trek 4 as well.

I bet that GOTG 3 deals with the ramifications of Avengers 4 briefly and also adds a new member - that is when we'll see Adam Warlock. GOTG 2 showed that Ayesha has Warlock is in a cocoon on the Soverign Home Planet. And I believe that Marvel promised Gunn he could have him. This end credits scene from GOTG 2 furthers this:

Edited by Kramerica

2 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

I'm pretty sure that James Cameron has her for 3 Avatar sequels and he has said/threatened that filming will begin sometime in the near future.

I'm not a James Cameron fan and I don't care much for Titanic and Avatar (which I felt was a rip off of Disney's Pocahontas).  I feel like he's got a big head simply because he has two of the top grossing films of all time.  He's been working on an Avatar sequel in some capacity for what, a decade now?  I just don't see him being in a position to be making threats.  (I mean, yes, Disney has A LOT riding on those Avatar sequels, but still.)

21 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

James Gunn will often lie in the spirit of misdirection and keeping it a surprise. Gamora will be key to defeating Thanos from within the Soul Stone. After that I bet she stays within the Soul Stone forever. I'm pretty sure that James Cameron has her for 3 Avatar sequels and he has said/threatened that filming will begin sometime in the near future. I think she may be on the hook for Star Trek 4 as well.

I bet that GOTG 3 deals with the ramifications of Avengers 4 briefly and also adds a new member - that is when we'll see Adam Warlock. GOTG 2 showed that Ayesha has Warlock is in a cocoon on the Soverign Home Planet. And I believe that Marvel promised Gunn he could have him. This end credits scene from GOTG 2 furthers this:

Gunn often lies in the spirit of misdirection? Please elaborate, I recall him stating he has never, and will never, lie...and I’m not aware of any examples. Not doubting you, legitimately interested...

15 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I'm not a James Cameron fan and I don't care much for Titanic and Avatar (which I felt was a rip off of Disney's Pocahontas).  I feel like he's got a big head simply because he has two of the top grossing films of all time.  He's been working on an Avatar sequel in some capacity for what, a decade now?  I just don't see him being in a position to be making threats.  (I mean, yes, Disney has A LOT riding on those Avatar sequels, but still.)

I get the ripping off thing...although I always heard the comparison of avatar to dances with wolves. Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed avatar when it came out, but tooo damn long for sequel. It’s going to be underwater, correct?

Edited by Callaway29

17 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Gunn often lies in the spirit of misdirection? Please elaborate, I recall him stating he has never, and will never, lie...and I’m not aware of any examples. Not doubting you, legitimately interested...

Here's one:

31 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I don't think I could stomach 1 more Avatar much less 3 hence my use of 'threatened.'

I love most of his films but didn't enjoy Avatar at all. And I honestly don't think I can watch Titanic again. Ever. Nope. I would seriously get sick if I saw it again.

23 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

Got what he wanted, wasn't what he expected.